[NFL] Biggest Surprise team? (and other stuff)

Lord Elessar

or something
Veteran XX
I'd have to say the Falcons. They have shocked everyone by not only beating one of the preseason frontrunners to go to the Superbowl but in week 2 they pretty much destroyed the top defense from last year. Maybe Vick has finally figured out the offense. Their D is very tight at the moment as well. While not #1, the D looks like it will finish top 10.

Other surprises:

Bears’ Offense
Baltimore is back
Vikings don’t suck
Saints don’t suck
Chargers’ haven’t lost a step with Rivers instead of Brees
49ers won a game.

Biggest Flops?
I thought this was the year for Miami to turn it around. WRONG.
Houston draft picks: how does it feel to use the #1 overall pick on a defensive player and have the most points allowed in the NFL?
Panthers and Bucs are both 0-2???
T.O. is hurt. Again.

Not a big surprise:
Seattle is good
Indy is good
Bears are good
Cinci is good
Pats are good
Raiders Suck
Chiefs Suck
Browns suck
Texans suck
Lions suck
Packers suck

Still unknown:
Jags: I want to see them vs. Pitt
Pitt: They looked pretty good vs. Miami but I want to see how they respond after the superbowl high.
Dallas: Skins suck and Jags are pretty good
Giants: hrmmmmm. Play D?

as much as i love the ravens, we did play the two shittiest teams in the nfl

wait until later in the season, when we start to suck.

The Vikings do suck but they have gotten lucky in 2 games. The NFC is a terrible conf. this year. The Bears could go 16-0 and be worse then all the AFC playoff teams.

I'm looking forward to several of next week's games.

Washington at Houston 1:00 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Reliant Stadium
NY Jets at Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS Tickets | Travel Ralph Wilson Stadium
Green Bay at Detroit 1:00 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Ford Field
Jacksonville at Indianapolis 1:00 PM CBS Tickets | Travel RCA Dome
Chicago at Minnesota 1:00 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Metrodome
Tennessee at Miami 1:00 PM CBS Tickets | Travel Dolphin Stadium
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 1:00 PM CBS Tickets | Travel Heinz Field
Carolina at Tampa Bay 1:00 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Raymond James Stadium
Baltimore at Cleveland 4:05 PM CBS Tickets | Travel Cleveland Browns Stadium
NY Giants at Seattle 4:15 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Qwest Field
St. Louis at Arizona 4:15 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Cardinals Stadium
Philadelphia at San Francisco 4:15 PM Fox Tickets | Travel Monster Park
Denver at New England 8:15 PM NBC Tickets | Travel Gillette Stadium
MON, SEP 25 TIME (ET) TV RESOURCES LOCATION
Atlanta at New Orleans 8:30 PM ESPN Tickets | Travel Superdome

Last edited:
yea, my fins are sucking ass at the moment, but we realyl have to give Culpepper time in the pocket....7 or 8 sacks? Not good at all. And where the fuck is our running game? *sigh"*

And everyone is giving houston shit for picking mario williams, but he's perfect for what they're doing....rebuilding. They'll build they're defense around him and in a few years he'll be the dominant Defensive player they've hoped for. You can expect to put a high draft pick on a team that sucks ass and everyone expects to suck ass and expect them to go from worse to first.

Everyone expected the saints to be better, which is why Reggie is doing decently in NO. No one expected houston to do good.

If the bears get any kind of offense from their QB they will be 12-4 and probably have the best record in the NFC. Their D is friggin awesome. Has anyone scored over 17 points against them yet?

While free agency shuffles teams around some, it’s not like most teams lose their core roster every year. You can base some predictions off of last year’s performance. That is why I listed certain teams at certain places.

Tampa has got to do something. People have found holes in the D so they can't ride out the close games. The offense is dismal at best right now.

In two games Tampa has rushed for 46 yards. Fix that and most of the other problems can be overlooked :(

Excepting of course Simm's complete inability to throw the ball over the defensive line.

In two games Tampa has rushed for 46 yards. Fix that and most of the other problems can be overlooked :(

Excepting of course Simm's complete inability to throw the ball over the defensive line.

exactly. they've worked for almost 3-4 months trying to fix that with him and yet....he's still gettign the balls batted at the LoS.

49ers baby, we actually have an offense :)

I was at the 49ers, Cardinals opener and it was amazing to see just how good Frank Gore really is. Alex Smith has also come along ways, however still has a ways to go, he throws alot of balls at the feet of his recievers still.

Antonio Bryant might be another T.O story in the making as he has thrown fits thus far in both regular season games about not getting the ball, however after those fits he has got the ball and made big plays out of them.

Norv Turner is no head coach but is a hell of an O.C.

No playoffs this year, but we are alot further then many would have suspected.

49ers baby, we actually have an offense :)

I was at the 49ers, Cardinals opener and it was amazing to see just how good Frank Gore really is. Alex Smith has also come along ways, however still has a ways to go, he throws alot of balls at the feet of his recievers still.

Antonio Bryant might be another T.O story in the making as he has thrown fits thus far in both regular season games about not getting the ball, however after those fits he has got the ball and made big plays out of them.

Norv Turner is no head coach but is a hell of an O.C.

No playoffs this year, but we are alot further then many would have suspected.
I'm so glad that gore is doing good in San Fran. Was happy to see him come out of Miami and get picked up by a team. Nice to see him getting the bulk of the carries, he's so much better then Barlow, even last year he was.

Back