UK getting a little more like 1984

Barbarian

Veteran X
What ever happened to "CCTV cameras stop violent crime"? Now they're using the speakers to fight anti-social behavior: berate kids riding bikes, and I imagine people spitting on the sidewalk.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=405477&in_page_id=1770

Big Brother is not only watching you - now he's barking orders too. Britain's first 'talking' CCTV cameras have arrived, publicly berating bad behaviour and shaming offenders into acting more responsibly.

The system allows control room operators who spot any anti-social acts - from dropping litter to late-night brawls - to send out a verbal warning: 'We are watching you'.

Middlesbrough has fitted loudspeakers on seven of its 158 cameras in an experiment already being hailed as a success. Jack Bonner, who manages the system, said: 'It is one hell of a deterrent. It's one thing to know that there are CCTV cameras about, but it's quite another when they loudly point out what you have just done wrong.

'Most people are so ashamed and embarrassed at being caught they quickly slink off without further trouble.

Let me add, I wonder if anyone gives the cameras the finger, and if they send the police out to beat them when that happens.

in one sense this is kinda good... but it could so easily be abused.

but that said, how many people would pay much attention to it? i.e beyond the normal embarassment? if they aren't effected by that, they are just as likely to just trash the thing.

of course you wouldnt you fucking hitler supporter

make sure you give the fuhrer(sp) a rimjob while your down there, cunt

of course you wouldnt you fucking hitler supporter

make sure you give the fuhrer(sp) a rimjob while your down there, cunt

I don't see how telling people to not litter and marching across poland in the ss are similar :shrug:

whats next, stits? them telling us to hate jews like your fucking fatherland

i watched american history x

i know what happens to you skin heads

Back