Question on Windows Vista.

EspoMan

Veteran XV
I just recently installed the beta version of Vista. I noticed that ever since I installed it my websites and downloads and my internet speed all together is alot faster. Is it possible that vista could make my Internet run faster?

I just recently installed the beta version of Vista. I noticed that ever since I installed it my websites and downloads and my internet speed all together is alot faster. Is it possible that vista could make my Internet run faster?

simple answer. yes.

long answer. too late to give you one.

Ok, Well if someone could let me know how this can be it would be great. Im really curious to learn how it does it. Thanks

it's most likely due to having a fresh install coupled with a mostly clean temp files cache. Also if you're using the new IE7 beta with that build as well, it has made a few changes to the way it works and takes a lot from firefox and even fixes a lot of things firefox does badly, so that could probably attribute to it.

also you could have a brain tumor.

Thats the good stuff that never gets mentioned in blogs and most reviews. Everyone's always focusing on the GUI

Because most people don't care so much about the real OS changes as much as the default welcome audio file and desktop wallpaper.

I just kinda browsed through that network stack article, but if anyone has read it, does it say anything about TCP/IP Offload Engines or Recieve Side Scaling? Right now there's a 2003 patch available that reworks how the TCP/IP network stack is handled with newer Xeon boards to take advantage of the TOE cards built into the motherboards, and I'm curious if the same tech might be brought to desktops.

Back