[NCAA FB] It's enough to make you sick

Kizzak

Veteran XV
http://www.bluefoot.tv/movie3/movie1.wmv

begin GT homerism:

The intro to GT - ND
54 seconds about ND and it's "storied history", 6 seconds about Georgia Tech.

Which program has the oldest and winningest on campus stadium?
Which program's people has the awards for the top player*, coach, assistant coach, and athletic director named after them?
Which program had the biggest win ever recorded in the NCAA?
Which program has been to more bowls and has a better bowl winning percentage?
Which team was the beneficiary of "Wrong Way" riegels?

Hint: Not Notre Dame

It just really fucking annoys me when douchebags pretend Notre Dame is the only team with any sort of history or past accomplishment.

*Granted he didn't play at GT, but the DAC named it for him due to his overall contribution, which was highlighted of course at GT with the 222-0 win, a NC, 4 undefeated seasons, and a 32 game unbeaten streak (nearly 4 entire seasons at that time) and going 39-2-2 over the span of 5 years expanding just beyond that streak.

:lol:

That's like having last year's USC squad play last year's Kent State and then saying that Kent State is "as good as any other team in the country."

:lol:

That's like having last year's USC squad play last year's Kent State and then saying that Kent State is "as good as any other team in the country."

:huh:

Not quite, I never said they were 'as good as any other team in the country', I said the opponent was roughly the same quality as anyone else was playing at that time. For example I'll compare the schedules of both GT and ND during that year here:

ND: 48-0 Case Institute of Technology
48-0 Western Reserve
26-0 Haskell Institute
60-0 Wabash
10-30 Army
21-0 South Dakota
14-0 Michigan State
46-0 Alma
20-0 Nebraska

GT
61-0 Mercer
222-0 Cumberland
9-0 Davidson
10-6 North Carolina
7-7 Washington and Lee
45-0 Tulane
13-0 Alabama
21-0 Georgia
33-7 Auburn

claiming 222-0 win over what was likely a club team of some sort as an accomplishment is about as stupid as claiming and bragging about national championships in that era *cough* michigan *cough*.

also, yes. that intro is retarded. ABC just needs a whore to pimp this year. was USC last year, this year its ND.

The point wasn't so much as an accomplishment as it was empasizing that Notre Dame wasn't the only one that played football and did "something" before the 1970s, as the ABC video might imply.

ND gets more publicity because Brady Quinn is so fucking hot.

25826_websm.jpg

stare down your cute new Heisman trophy winner this year

Back