oklahoma city is getting the sonics

I heard this on the Radio today.

If this happens the Sonics will not play here for another year because on the contract they have with the Hornets.

soniclogo.jpg

The team isn't leaving until at least 2010, the team has a lease with the city effectively locking them to Seattle until then.

At the press conference, the new owners said that they had "no plans on moving the team" out of the "seattle region" which means they may move to Bellevue.

Of course they are lying, but shrug.

i know the daughters of one of the dudes who was in on the purchase... they will end up in OKC... the same group already tried to get the hornets and talked to other teams, with the intention of bringing them to OKC

ElectroWaffle said:
i know the daughters of one of the dudes who was in on the purchase... they will end up in OKC... the same group already tried to get the hornets and talked to other teams, with the intention of bringing them to OKC

Yeah, no one up here in Seattle believes the new owners for one second. We all know the team is as good as gone. Howard Shultz (now former owner of the Sonics, and founder/CEO of Starbucks) has suddenly become persona non grata here.

Back