aluminum foil suit

jtl

Veteran XX
would a suit made of aluminum foil while standing in direct sun light make you hotter or cooler? i thk it would make you cool off bc when i get foil out of the oven its never hot

considering that it'd be like wearing a metal suit, it'd make you hotter. Ya you're reflecting more sunlight but you're also keeping a lot more body heat in. Body heat > sunlight.

Hey guys maybe if I wrap myself in foil like a baked potato and roll around in a campfire I will cool down!

have you ever gotten into your car on a hot summer day, and you reach over and grab the seat belt, and you burn your hand on the metal part? so you reach over carefully and you grab it from the OTHER side of the metal part, that was facing away from the sun, so you don't get burned?

so yeah, i don't see why an aluminum foil suit wouldn't work the same way.

hay guys if i put on a body sized condom and put a rubber band on teh end i can breeth underwater MIRITE?

aluminum foil is a good conductor of heat. thats why you can touch it when you pull it out of the oven. However those are just the edges. Under the food you are cooking it is just as hot as the pan. Hence you can cook with it. Its only as hot as its surroundings.

It would not cool you down, but it also wouldn't heat up. Your body would heat itself up due to lack of fresh air hitting it, and the aluminum foil would just hold the heat in.

Tribalbob said:
have you ever gotten into your car on a hot summer day, and you reach over and grab the seat belt, and you burn your hand on the metal part? so you reach over carefully and you grab it from the OTHER side of the metal part, that was facing away from the sun, so you don't get burned?

so yeah, i don't see why an aluminum foil suit wouldn't work the same way.
So in theory, I could put a hot potato wrapped in foil in the freezer and it wouldn't cool down?

Back