Sonic BOOM, holyshit....

go_herbie_go.jpg

Anyone hear that fart I just unleashed? WHOOOOOOOOO. Sounded like a sonic boom. Must've been the eggs, chili, beer, broccoli, and garlic I had...

Taurus said:
Shuttle just hit its sonic boom right over my head, holy shit that was loud.
Not to be picky, but the shuttle didn't 'hit it's sonic boom'. The sound of it passing overhead at a supersonic speed was compressed and arrived all at once at your location. That boom is like an audio tsunami. The boom rolled continuously along the ground, past you, and kept going. It will continue to do so until the shuttle's speed drops (dropped, now) to a low enough speed that the compression wave no longer resmbles the compression wave caused by an explosion.

And now that I have demonstrated my anal side, annoyed everyone, and displayed my amateur understanding of the topic, I will shut up. :D

P.S. - That must have been badass, Taurus. Where do you live?

Zear said:
Not to be picky, but the shuttle didn't 'hit it's sonic boom'. The sound of it passing overhead at a supersonic speed was compressed and arrived all at once at your location. That boom is like an audio tsunami. The boom rolled continuously along the ground, past you, and kept going. It will continue to do so until the shuttle's speed drops (dropped, now) to a low enough speed that the compression wave no longer resmbles the compression wave caused by an explosion.

And now that I have demonstrated my anal side, annoyed everyone, and displayed my amateur understanding of the topic, I will shut up. :D

P.S. - That must have been badass, Taurus. Where do you live?

Thanks

Back