The Ship (new steam game)

rebeltorumble said:
I dont like paying for all these little one-off games...I rarely play any games these days...too much work and not enough time.
opinion noted?

I read up about it but it seems like it would only be fun for about a week or so. Just like hidden Source.

Alpine said:
I read up about it but it seems like it would only be fun for about a week or so. Just like hidden Source.

yeah, once you get past the gimmick and learn the few tricks and it loses it's appeal, it's pointless.

They've got it for the old half-life engine too, but theres only ever 1-2 rooms up, it's kind of slow paced, but I like it.

I read impressions after the first hr it was out and it was, I know, not saying much.
It's easy to find a server, and the idea kicks ass. Im buying it in the next few weeks.

the idea sounded good to me, and it's likely that it would be fun for a least a little while

but where do they get off charging $20 for an ugly most likely shitty and shallow mod?

Ah fuck it, I bought it anyway. I only got a chance to play for 15mins on a quick server (kills/resets every minute) and it seemed reasonably quirky and fun. I'd like to get a chance to play on a longer server where a hunt may last 20 mins. It's a pretty fun game, but I could see it getting repetitive or boring after a while as there really isn't to much of a learning curve or skill curve. Still fun, $20 is the right price for the game.

Back