The greatest TD in NFL history

confidential

Veteran X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrY2jkE3WzE

Even if it was ultimately meaningless since the Saints lost the game, that is the best TD in NFL history. Donte Stallworth juking like 5 guys. Several people with big blocks. Deuce with the perfect throw out to Pathon and Brooks with the huge block. It's one of those plays that you would draw up in your backyard playing with friends when you were a kid.

I just saw it again for the first time in almost a year and I got goosebumps from watching it (I'm a longtime Saints fan) and then had to think back and remember the crushing pain of watching Carney miss the extra point.

By the way, with Drew Brees and Reggie Bush, Saints will win the Superbowl in 2009.

it was really quite depressing to see the faces of the saints coaching staff and players when carney missed the pat

i would describe their look as complete disbelief

if i remember correctly the loss also meant they missed the playoffs that year

Oenone said:

:rofl: That idiot ref. It was a good thing Saints won the game or the fans would have killed him.

And yes, that loss to the Jags took us out of the hunt for the playoffs. With the win we would've had a small but decent shot but the loss ended it.

I know all about our wonderful history of one playoff win in 40+ years and the last 4-5 years have been extremely frustrating after a great 2001 season but things are looking up and I feel pretty confident about the Saints right now. Our offense will be incredible, just need to give the defense some time to get better. Sean Payton has done a great job in free agency and with the draft, hopefully it continues into the season. I think we'll end up 8-8 this year and just miss the playoffs.

Also, about the play, they had a booth review after the play and they determined that all the laterals were ok. The Stallworth to Lewis one is a little questionable but it's more the angle of the camera than anything else. As for the block in the back, they could've called it but the refs had messed up a drive or two earlier by taking away a pass interference call on a Jaguars defender even though it should've stood. So it might have been a bit of a make up call or whatever, but they also don't usually call stuff like block in the back in those type of plays.

Last edited:
btw...that wasnt even close to the best NFL touchdown ever. Of course the guy above me has 2 alone that were better. Not to mention the game actually meant something in those.

I don't think Immaculate Reception or Music City Miracle were better. Obviously they had more meaning but if you just look at the play itself the Saints TD is probably better. It just gets overlooked cuz it's the Saints and the team didn't ultimately win.

Here's the immaculate reception, can't find music city miracle.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NrAGBidR6nM&search=immaculate reception

The only TD greater than this one is the Cal-Stanford game with the band at the end.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YAxu9Rfm77M&search=cal stanford

Last edited:
Back