Scraped Bumper

FOURSTAR

Veteran XX
I scraped this girls bumper at work a few weeks ago, and I'm trying to figure out how much it will be to fix. It's not bad, but it won't be able to be buffed out. She just wants to have it painted back over ot fixed or whatever and doesn't want it to look "ghetto". I know bringing it to the dealer would probably be a bad idea because they will probably replace the entire bumper. Should I just call some places and see if they can match the color (silver, it's an Altima) and shit?

I would rather they just take it and get it fixed but they are lazy and want me to do all the work, which is fair I guess. I just don't know where to start really.

You need to start banging this girl and then get her to pay for the shit on her credit card. Once that's done, dump her and run.

FOURSTAR said:
What do you guys think the price range will be? 100-250 bucks? something like that?

You need an estimate from an "estimator". They make estimates. Professionally. As opposed to TW. We makes estimates too. But, they are ficticious and made w/o all the detail. Like photos, make, model, visual inspection, etc.

What do you want? For someone to say "one hunat fitty dollah" and then have it be so?

FOURSTAR said:
What do you guys think the price range will be? 100-250 bucks? something like that?

Depends on how the bad the shop wants to rape you, and how bad the damage is.

If you need a new front bumper [depending on the year]
Bumper could be 300+ dollars, paint can be 150+ dollars.

So, if thats the case $450ish.

Paint could just be $150 though. Like I said, depends where you go.

Fool said:
don't you have insurance?

Yeah I have insurance through USAA, but I don't want it to increase. I only pay 80 bucks a month, which is really nice.

I have a friend that paints cars, I'm going to try and talk to him. It's just annoying because I see her at work and her husband keeps calling me. I just don't have time to do all this shit cus I'm working most of the time. And she keeps calling me Haveed (she can't say David) and that pisses me off more than anything.

-find a plastic fixer<sp>
-find the color code of the paint used in the girl's car/bumper
-go buy the paint (licorice, hardener etc if needed, ask the seller)
-find a place where you can get it painted

Most of the time these can be done in the same shop. I got my bumper fixed and painted and rims painted for a total of 120eur (paint I provided is included).

FOURSTAR said:
Yeah I have insurance through USAA, but I don't want it to increase. I only pay 80 bucks a month, which is really nice.

I have a friend that paints cars, I'm going to try and talk to him. It's just annoying because I see her at work and her husband keeps calling me. I just don't have time to do all this shit cus I'm working most of the time. And she keeps calling me Haveed (she can't say David) and that pisses me off more than anything.

You fucked up her car. She/hubby want it fixed. It sounds like you have been dragging your feet. Get it done. That's the best way to get the shit out of your hair. I like the "I am working all the time so I don't have time to deal with their car that I fucked up" attitude. Nice.

Fix it. That will quit the bitching. I can tell you that you can't imagine what might happen if you screw people over for shit like this. People are fucking nuts.

A drunk chinaman whacked into my bumper (acura legend) and made a few scratches and a gouge. Insurance company sent me about 330 dollars to replace the bumper.

A few mechanic friends of Mine said that I could get the bumper for less than half that and replace it myself. Of course you would have to get it painted though.

So, I am still thinking 200-300 dollars.

Edit: Brass is right. Just fix it, and be done with it. Also get it fixed right...How would you like it if someone bumped into your car and altered the appearance? I would want my shit fixed to look exactly the way it did before.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys.

They were supposed to go and get it fixed and then bring me the bill, but last week on Wednesday the husband asked me to have someone pick up the car on Friday and get it fixed. My phone is broken so I haven't been able to call anyone. Then I talked to her this morning and she asked me when they are picking up her car today. I just emailed my friend to have him give me a call and emailed her the same. Hopefully I can figure this out soon, I'm not enjoying this event right now.

FOURSTAR said:

handle your business, little boy.

Fool said:
I have USAA and my insurance didn't go up when I cause 2k worth of damage.

Hmmm, really? Should I just call them up and have them handle it? Sounds like it would be a lot less work for me which would be nice.

Back