iran nuke tech deal

its breaking on drudge, apparently the us is offering nuke tech in return for a promise that iran doesnt enrich uranium

i quote from freerepublic, "It's either idiotic or a ploy to force Iran to admit it's really trying to develop nukes."

so, we're calling their bluff, or, this is the most retarded thing ive ever heard.

Now a real terrorist state when they got the fuel reprocessor, would have immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the centrifuge.

Last edited:
I think it falls into the "retarded thing" category. The ploy idea doesn't make sense. So they say "ok, give us the equipment", that is NOT admitting guilt. That is getting stuff for free.
Problem is our options are limited. Our military is extremely tired

Boomyguy said:
The ploy idea doesn't make sense.

yea, it does.

iran claims it only wants nuclear energy.

so we say, fine, we'll give you nuclear energy technology, but only if you stop enriching uranium and let us verify that you're doing so.

If iran truly wants nuclear energy, they'll say ok. (And this will be the most retarded thing ever.)

However if they want nuclear weapons they'll say no, since they'll have to stop the main thing driving that program. And the entire world will know it.

the whole idea is too much of a stupid risk though. clinton tried this with north korea and we all know how that turned out.

Shoddy said:
Now a real terrorist state when they got the fuel reprocessor, would have immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the centrifuge.
Heheh, I can hear the innocent, curious music that comes right after that line.

So they take the tech, then resume their current tactics when the transfer is complete. Only now they have a $5 Billion tech infusion.

Doh!

Shoddy said:

:rofl: I just watched that the other night.

Shoddy said:

referenced from?

Excel said:
Not the part with all the bombs :D

true, and I think any conflict with Iran would be that type. Putting boots on the ground would be bad. Would make Iraq look like a walk in the park.

Why not give them some CANDU reactors or something that doesn't require much, if any, Uranium enrichment? That could solve their supposed energy needs, and call their bluff at the same time.

(Probably the type of thing they're proposing to give, actually, so I don't know what I'm blabbering about.)

dont get me started on how fucking laughable "needing" nuclear energy is when your whole country's economy is based on exporting oil

triple said:
its breaking on drudge, apparently the us is offering nuke tech in return for a promise that iran doesnt enrich uranium

i quote from freerepublic, "It's either idiotic or a ploy to force Iran to admit it's really trying to develop nukes."

so, we're calling their bluff, or, this is the most retarded thing ive ever heard.

we've done it before, its not unheard of

triple said:
dont get me started on how fucking laughable "needing" nuclear energy is when your whole country's economy is based on exporting oil
Well, burning fossil fuels is bad for the environment. Nukular plants would be much more environmentally sound. This isn't about the environment of course. :shrug:

triple said:

The US has the world's largest coal reserves. How silly of us to be using nuclear power! Besides, Iran, despite being a net exporter of oil, has to import 40% of it's gasoline to make up for lack of refinery capacity.

Back