Played stickball at work today.

Finski

Came, Shat, & Conquered++
Veteran X
No, that's not our code name for deviant homosexual ass play, we were just bored and wanted to do something other than sit on our asses and watch TV. So we headed over to an empty hanger with a tennis ball and a broomstick I cut down a bit. It was a lot of fun, (I've never played before) but I had the feeling they were making shit up for rules as they went along.

It's pretty fucking hard to hit anything with that goddamn stick. I got a triple though. :shrug:

So, yeah.

littlestory.jpg

We wanted to start playing roller hockey in the hanger till one of us took a spill on a puddle of hydraulic fluid. Too goddamn dangerous.

Finski said:
We wanted to start playing roller hockey in the hanger till one of us took a spill on a puddle of hydraulic fluid. Too goddamn dangerous.
In Soviet Russia, you could have just drank the puddle.

(MiG-25s used alcohol-based hydraulics)

Kurayami said:
In Soviet Russia, you could have just drank the puddle.

(MiG-25s used alcohol-based hydraulics)

I'm no expert, but I'd have to imagine that the alcohol would evaporate rather quickly in a puddle, leaving some sort of slippery petroleum by-products behind for me to bust my ass on.

Finski said:
I'm no expert, but I'd have to imagine that the alcohol would evaporate rather quickly in a puddle, leaving some sort of slippery petroleum by-products behind for me to bust my ass on.
That's why you drink it quickly.
The Russian ground crews did. They were frequently drunk.

SuicideSnowman said:
Have you ever considered working while at work?

If we don't have any sorties that day, and no jets are broken, we really don't have anything to do. :shrug:

It's pretty much the best job ever.

WTF, the 1940s ended like a million years ago, and a hangar is not the same as a New York tenement block.

I disapprove.

Played Monopoly and Football outside while 'grinding' to get the deadline set overnight the other night.

Good times.

I played stickball at work last week.

for a stick we used a rolled up reinforced movie poster, and for a ball we used a dora the explorer doll some kid left in the store a couple weeks ago

one guy hit one from the front of the store all the way to the foriegn section.

I was sitting around at work drinking beers all day a few days ago with my fellow colleagues. My job is sweet.

I used to play on brooklyn all the time at my cousins house. i would crank the shit out of the ball. Now if you go to your local toy store they sell stick ball sets. If ya want good practice try hitting bottle caps with the stick. great for hand and eye coordination.

Back