Split shifts fucking suck

DrJonez

Veteran XX
I drive a cab, and on saturday our pickups are all spread out and inconsistent. My first one is at 6:15AM today, and the last one is fucking 9PM. This blows hard. :(

It wouldn't be so bad if I got a break in the middle and worked steady all day, but it's on and off all fucking day. It's like, go pick up 2 people, go home for 3 hours. Pick up another one, go home for 2 hours. Pick up 1 more, go home for 4 hours. Driving back and forth all fucking day, and never having the time in between runs to really do anything constructive, OR get a nap, and then I'm wiped out and ready for bed at 10PM on a saturday. Thank christ I'm about to leave this job for a new one.

HomeSlice said:
:lol: you drive a cab.

Actually I'm just finishing up the last couple weeks. I just got an IT job in Columbus that pays a pile. The IT market here in Cleveland FUCKING SUCKS. Nothing wrong with working a shit job to pay the bills.

DrJonez said:
Actually I'm just finishing up the last couple weeks. I just got an IT job in Columbus that pays a pile. The IT market here in Cleveland FUCKING SUCKS. Nothing wrong with working a shit job to pay the bills.
There is when its driving a cab. :lol:

DrJonez said:
Why? It's easy, and it pays better than McDonald's or most of the other jobs around here that don't require a degree.

Soo you aren't a doctor then?

It's a cab, and there's no uniforms. The pickups are all pre-scheduled and prepaid though. I don't handle any cash, and I know where I have to be on any given day a week ahead of time.

Except limo services generally involve, you know, DRIVING LIMOS. And I drive kidney dialysis patients to dialysis, cancer patients to treatments, etc. Not 16 year olds to the prom.

Yankee said:
oh, its a health care shuttle
Or a health care limo. :shrug:

Limo services do drive other cars beyond limos per say. You can rent a Limo and get a Van, or an Expedition, or a bus. So who is to say that technically, since you have a upgraded Prius, you aren't driving a limo service? Because by defintion a a Limo Service is just a fancy hired means of transportation.

Back