xbox modding

Diablo Escobar

Contributor
Veteran XX
hello tribalwar

I want to put a shiny new 300gb hd in my xbox. I cannot find any guides to doing this which seem new. Most of the 2003 guides involve a hot swap on the PC, and I'm not particularly clean on doing that, but i figured one of you may have a good resource to point me to doing it in a more modern way. My xbox is softmodded with evox as the dash, if that helps

you will need that.

In a nutshell, this is what you do.

1) unlock current 8gig hd in xbox
2) clone 8gig xbox hard drive
3) prepare 300 gig hard drive
4) put 8gig image on 300gig hard drive
5) lock 300 gig hard drive
6) put in xbox and format the F partition.

I spent some time trying to upgrade the hdd my softmodded box, but for some reason was not able to lock the new drive correctly to work with my xbox. Tried with 2 different xboxes and a hard drive that has been reviewed to work with xboxes. I dunno what the problem was.

was using xboxhdm, which has the locking/unlocking and cloning tools all together. rather frustrating experience.

I was just going through a ton of these since my xbox broke two days ago. I'm thinking about just getting a premod, though, since I can't do shit with mine anymore.

is it even possible to use a 137+ gig HD on a softmodded xbox?

i thought since its booting the MS bios first (without LBA48 support) that it wouldn't work?

or does it just ignore the extra space until the softmods bios loads?

I'm fairly sure they ignore the extra space until new BIOS load.
edit: It just won't recognize anything beyond that limiter.

The ms dashboard doesn't read drive F, so it ignores the extra space untill the softmod dashboard loads.

I have two 300gig hard drives in my softmodded xbox.

caspian said:
The ms dashboard doesn't read drive F, so it ignores the extra space untill the softmod dashboard loads.

I have two 300gig hard drives in my softmodded xbox.

cool, good to know

i haven't done a softmod since i did my roommates xbox with the orginal audio exploit, so my softmodding info is a TAD dated :lol:

Back