Anyone worked at Sam Ash before?

Ascoe

Veteran XV
I'm applying for the drums dept, anyone who's worked there before care to share their experiences?

I'm pretty much expecting it to be all the regular retail bullshit with a little bit of a chill atmosphere since it's a music store. I hear they're on comission, and I really don't know much about that. I've worked circuit city so I know retail pretty well.

thanks.

my roommate from this past year worked there last summer. he liked it and made a decent amount of money. i think it probably depends more on the specific store management than the retailer though

You must be in South Florida. I'm in Plantation.

I've never heard of sales associates making a ton of money in music stores.

The thing is, you get to play around on all the equipment all day. It's like being in the candy store full time.

Now, if you have good chops and can hook up with a good band, then go for it. If you're doing it just for the sales, then you won't make much money.

It's one of those jobs at an early age where the experience is worth more than the money you make. I mean, at any given time, some legend could walk into the store, and that would be worth it.

yeah it will be like a candy shop

I have decent chops on set

I have some good marching chops though :D

Being around musicians will be cool. (i'm in socal btw)

The Sam Ash stores around my area dont' allow people to play on acoustic sets which blows. All I know is that you need to get that job so I can poke fun at you and then you can give me discounts. <3

oh. and

:phone:

phone.gif

nowhere cool

I marched for Marina High School in Huntington Beach, CA and for University of Colorado, which was fun as shit.

If I march again it'll be a minor corps in socal or USC or something.

Back