So I've got 3 prime new york strips...

If it's good meat then the less the better.

No marinade, all I ever put on a nice cut of meat is salt, pepper and some garlic. Super hot grill and cook to rare.

Done.

I was thinking that I'd make a wet rub consisting of olive oil, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, and maybe a touch of garlic, and then on top of all that, I'd add some hot butter after cooking the steaks... but I was thinking marinade might be better. The only problem is that I don't know of any steak marinades.

K-Rex said:

No marinade, all I ever put on a nice cut of meat is salt, pepper and some garlic. Super hot grill and cook to rare.

Done.

:signed:

K-Rex said:

Done.
so true

I cook it with it on the steak. Sometimes I like to slice it down the middle (not all the way through) and put some butter in there, along with some on the top.

Well it's not like throw a bunch on there. I don't use all that much; just a little on the top and cut it and put some in because I think that helps it soak into the meat.

yeah I plan to brush some butter on top, and drizzle some into the meat the way you said you do it. But first I'll add the rub. Pics possibly to follow.

Here is a little tip. Once you're done grilling plate your steak and cover it tightly with tin foil. Let is stand for a few minutes and then eat.

I post this in every steak thread, and I will now post it in this steak thread

enjoy

steak1.JPG

Items needed:
-two cheap ribeye steaks from grocery store
-some kosher salt
-some black pepper, I like the fresh ground kind
-some kind of oil, I used vegtable cause it's all I have
-a cast iron skillet

steak2.JPG

put the cast iron skillet in a 500 degrees oven and let it get up to temp

steak3.JPG

brush the steaks with oil

steak4.JPG

put a reasonable ammount of salt and pepper on each side, rub in

steak5.JPG

take skillet out of the oven and put on a stove with the heat on high, let it sear on each side for ~30 seconds

steak6.JPG

after flipping once

steak7.JPG

after searing, put the pan in the 500 degrees oven for about 2 minutes on each side, warning, this makes A LOT of smoke

steak8.JPG

one side after being in the oven

steak9.JPG

put foil over the pan for about 2 minutes and let sit

steak11.JPG

perfect steak

Back