I think I liked Aeon Flux

i liked it

It's that Ultraviolet that was a complete joke. Worst timing to release that ever. (Right after Aeon Flux covered that whole nazi futuristic revolution genre)

if charlize theron wasn't so fucking hot, that movie would have caused an uprising against hollywood

it was so bad (and i knew it was going to be; glutton for punishment i guess), that the only REASONABLE attonement for the creators of that motion picture is commit suicide by jumping off a bridge

FalseMyrmidon said:
Why did it get such bad reviews? I thought the story was interesting enough.

I want to like it but it's just a little too cheesy, that material could have done been so much better. The effects, the acting, the twists were all sort of meh. The concept is strong enough that it should have been really great.

FalseMyrmidon said:
Why did it get such bad reviews? I thought the story was interesting enough.

the special effects/art direction could've been better, but the dialogue and story were great i thought. definitely entertaining enough.

Spoiler

borlaK said:
I think people didn't like it since it wasn't really true to the cartoon..you never quite understood wtf was going on in the cartoon, which is largely what gave it appeal.. it was unpredictable and interesting

the movie had a straight and narrow path with an obvious ending.. not true to Aeon at all ^_^

Wrong, since the majority of the people who saw it never saw the cartoon. Anyways it was a boring movie period, regardless of what it was based on.

Pachacutec said:
the special effects/art direction/dialogue/costumes/directing/action scenes could've been better, but the [strike]dialogue and[/strike] story[strike]were[/strike] was great i thought. definitely entertaining enough.

Spoiler

horribly directed action scenes, really cheesy dialogue, poor directing plagued this movie

action scenes were lame zoom ins, it was horrid.
only scene i liked was the one where they infiltrated the facility...
several of the costumes were hot on theron, but didnt really fit the theme of the movie IMO. im not one to notice art/costumes but a lot of stuff just stuck out like a sore thumb as not belonging.

and the script was so poor that theron/the other actors had no chance to save it. i was laughing out loud at several scenes becuase of how bad it was *shrug*

It sure wasn't great, but it definately wasn't as bad as some other movies that were much more popular... like Equilibrium. Now that movie fucking sucked!

Back