[Help] Burning a 4 gig ISO file

Rev_Night

Welches
Veteran XV
I am trying to burn a 4.2 gig ISO file to a dvd, so that will play in the living room. When i try to use Nero 6 Ultra Edition, i get an error that says "The file is larger then 2GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO file system. Please use the UDF file system to write such large files." So i did the UDF burn type and it won't play in my player.

how can i burn this?

Can you not just double-click on the .ISO file and have the program prompt you to proceed with the burn? That's how Roxio works, at least.

when i double click on the .iso, it says that the archive is unknown or damaged. it is not damaged b/c i can play it just fine via Daemon Tools.

and j00d, the 'burn image' is the only burnable option for me. thus being my original problem of lack of options and not burning correctly.

Jimmy said:
Did you unmount the ISO from Daemon Tools before you tried to burn?

hmm....no. i just turned off daemon tools in the middle of a retry burn on another disc.....is this bad?

In the middle of it? Hmm, just try unmounting all drives and rebooting (to be sure) and try again.

Some older DVD players check the booktype settings on the disc and if it comes up with anything other than DVDROM rejects it.

if your drive supports it, you might be able to change the booktype to DVD-ROM. Google 'booktype' or bitsetting'

I remember i had problems using nero to burn dvd images. maybe even the exact same problems. I just ended up using dvd decrypter to burn them

my geuss is your dvd player wont play the -r (i think the +r is the older one that most play?)

it happens, get a new DVD player, it's worth it (I love putting anything I want in my DVD player and knowing it will work)

+R you can set the booktype to DVDROM, if your burner supports setting booktype that is (usually done with a utility provided by drive maker).

-R no booktype settings.

burning a dvd iso with nero
burn image
select all image files
leave settings the way they are
set the speed of the burner
and done

Back