[world record attempt]David Blaine

BigDogJT

Contributor
Veteran XX
I was just watching Jimmy Kimmel on ABC and was watching him interview David Blaine about his world record attempt on the longest held breath. I was kind of reading up on this but he is trying to reach 9 minutes or so bound by chains. Does anyone think that he is actually going to hold his breath or maybe that it is an illusion?

BTW the longest previous attempts:

Name: Martin Stepanek (with air)
Length of breath hold: 8 Minutes 06 Seconds

Name: Giancarlo Bellingrath (used pure oxygen)
Length of breath hold: 12 Minutes 47 Seconds
Source

he had a full face mask on that he was speaking though with some kind of intercom or radio in the mask; it was kind of interesting.

He can't go for the world record because he hasn't invited any of the judges needed in order to go for the free dive record. They'd need to be with him for 2 hours before he attempts it and they're not even invited. It's also highly believed he's just using pure oxygen which would easily allow you to hold your breath for 9 minutes.

David blaine is a hack.

probably before

btw... my school is across the street from lincon center (where baline is in the bubble) and i just gotta say... its probably the most reatrded thing he's ever done.

b/c the original poster didnt mention. right now he's in a bubble... like a gaint finsh bowl. he will be in that bubble for eight days. all he has is a tube stuck to his mouth. he sleeps in there (i saw him sleeping on the way to school). he is fed via IV. he shits and pisses into a tube as well. what the plan is, after being a bubble for a week (a record) he will get out and attempt to hold his breath for a new world record. personally, the bubble thing is retarded, but i'd like to see him hold his breath that long. that'd be awesome.

LostAngel said:
He can't go for the world record because he hasn't invited any of the judges needed in order to go for the free dive record. They'd need to be with him for 2 hours before he attempts it and they're not even invited. It's also highly believed he's just using pure oxygen which would easily allow you to hold your breath for 9 minutes.

David blaine is a hack.

yea...easily...

i am a diver and i know i can (while swimming) only hold my breath for around 3 mintues or so, i can't even imagine 9 minutes underwater.

The chamber will fill with bubbles for 9 minutes and no one will be able to see him sticking the tube back in his mouth.

David blaine is a hack.

Barbarian said:
The chamber will fill with bubbles for 9 minutes and no one will be able to see him sticking the tube back in his mouth.

David blaine is a hack.
Well he's obviously going to suck the air out of the bubbles.

Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Magic!!!

according to the show i was watching he said he had not eaten solid food in over a week so he wouldn't have to shit at all; i can't even imagine what that is going to do to his energy level on a physical level, supposedly he's just drinking gatorade and pissing on himself.

Yes, its easy because even Colosus could hold his breath for 9 minutes using pure oxygen.....wait, Colosus couldn't even run 100 yards hooked up to an oxygen tank. Nevermind....

my god i just realized... no hyperventilating jokes?

david blaine will hyperventilate to fill the bloodstream with oxygen and be efficient as possible

one of these days the guy is just going to die; and how could you possible react other than, that's what you get fucktard

sw!tch said:
my god i just realized... no hyperventilating jokes?

david blaine will hyperventilate to fill the bloodstream with oxygen and be efficient as possible
motherfuck I was just thinking that.

Back