[U.S. Marshals] Operation Falcon II

MolimOrion

Veteran XV
Here's one news article from the hundreds put out over the past week:

http://www.wndu.com/news/042006/news_49550.php

Most of the headlines say this focused on violent sex offenders, which is disputable, because of the lack of facts provided. This particular headline goes as far as to say "more than 9000 violent criminals are off the streets".

The U.S. Marshals' site reports it like this:

http://www.usmarshals.gov/falcon2/facts.html

Deputy U.S. Marshals, teaming up with their state, local and federal colleagues in the largest fugitive sweep to ever focus on violent sex offenders, arrested 9,037 fugitives and cleared 10,419 warrants.

This well-planned and well-executed tactical operation conducted by a dynamic “force multiplier” joint-agency law enforcement team was responsible for:
462 violent sex crime arrests
311 other sex crime arrests
783 unregistered sex offenders arrested
111 guns seized
139 drug seizures, in which 91 kilograms of narcotics were confiscated
$120,265.00 in cash was seized
14 vehicles were seized
163 documented gang members were arrested
87 homicide warrants were cleared
2,941 narcotics Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) cases were cleared

Doing some simple math, 462+311+783+163+87+2941 = 4747, but the 87 and 2941 say "cleared", instead of "arrested", so I will "guess" that would be at least one arrest per cleared (please correct me if "cleared" is multiple arrests). One has to guess, because there are no other facts listed. So since 9037 "violent fugitives" were arrested, you should be able to subtract 4747 from that, to see that 4290 arrest of these "violent fugitives" are unaccounted for in the facts listed.

It appears about 17% of the arrests actually had to do with sex crimes, and 33% they listed as narcotics arrests. 47% of the arrests aren't even accounted for.

How would one get more information about these statistics ? I would just like to know how my tax dollars are being spent. When I hear about the war on drugs, I laugh, because statistically, it is a war on marijuana, as that is what most law enforcement resources go to in this country under the ruse of the war on drugs.

It seems more to me that Operation Falcon II was a federal drug bust operation, that they did not want to be publicized as such, so they took the easy, fail-proof route, of making it appear that this focused on sex crimes.

But the facts could possibly lead to the truth which could possibly lead to knowledge. How would one obtain the actual facts behind this operation that used our tax dollars ?

If this peaks your interest at all, you should also check out Operation Falcon from last year.

Zazen said:
OMG some cops didn't do their work I'm gonna post on tribalwar about it.

Maybe read it again. I just did, and I can't see how I conveyed the message of "cops didn't do their work". That's not even implied, and I've never even thought about that part of it. To me, it appears the cops put alot of work in on this. I am not disputing their work ethics at all. They work hard at what they do. Hope that helps.

I think you're looking WAY to far into this and blaming any inacurate facts you find in the article on the US Marshals and not the half assed news organization you got the info from in the first place.

DwarfVader said:
I think you're looking WAY to far into this and blaming any inacurate facts you find in the article on the US Marshals and not the half assed news organization you got the info from in the first place.

There isn't a way to look into this further because of the lack of facts. The articles aren't in conflict with what is on the U.S. Marshals' Web site. I know of no innaccurate facts listed, just missing facts on the U.S. Marshals' Web site.

Pretty much, they said this was focused on sex crimes. For funding reasons, I can understand why anyone would say that. But given their own facts on their own Web site, I dispute that sex crimes were the focus. From the facts listed, this was a national drug bust, but it is a mystery if they were actually "violent fugitives". I'm not even to the point of discussing the merits of a national drug bust like this, because without the facts, how can you know what this operation was truly about ?

It's kind of like passing a speeding law under the ruse of safety, and then simply using the law as a revenue generator. Or creating an interstate commerce clause to regulate commerce, but using that clause to protect us from ourselves, and to tell us what we can and can't put into our bodies.

6305433860.01._PE45_.Operation-Condor-2-The-Armour-of-the-Gods._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ok once again... You failed to read.

YOU ARE LOOKING TO MUCH INTO THIS....

Christ man what does it fucking matter? Do you want names? Did one of your buddies get nailed for porking 12 year olds? Did a buddy get owned for doing teh drugs?

what i get out of it is:
462 violent sex crime arrests
311 other sex crime arrests
783 unregistered sex offenders arrested

who the fuck cares what some news agency claims about it?

DwarfVader said:
Ok once again... You failed to read.

YOU ARE LOOKING TO MUCH INTO THIS....

Christ man what does it fucking matter? Do you want names? Did one of your buddies get nailed for porking 12 year olds? Did a buddy get owned for doing teh drugs?

Some of us care how our tax dollars are being spent. I don't want names, none of my buddies got nailed for porking 12 year olds, and no buddies got owned for doing teh drugs.

I am all for a nationwide bust on sex offenders, but that is not what this was, and I'm uncertain why you'd let a sex offender stay on the streets, while you concocted a plan to catch them all at once during a grand week of April. What is the problem with calling it a nationwide drug bust that happened to catch a few sex offenders. There isn't a reason to have a nationwide coordinated effort to catch sex offenders. If you know of a sex offender, you should go arrest them. Right now. Why wait until "National Victim's Week" ? It's all a little shady, just like it was last year.

you are not allowing for overlapping results... of the 2 sex offenders, one may be a drug arrest as well, and for the press they will list them apart, as it sounds better

and, it WAS a sex offender round up, i know 3 people that worked on it.

Gangrel said:
you are not allowing for overlapping results... of the 2 sex offenders, one may be a drug arrest as well, and for the press they will list them apart, as it sounds better

and, it WAS a sex offender round up, i know 3 people that worked on it.

If you could even come close to possibly proving the major intent of the operation was to catch sex offenders, I'd love to hear it. If you could provide me with the email address of one of the 3 folks you know, I'd love to email them my request for information. I'd thought about emailing a cold email, but I doubt it would be read.

no.

If you're just going to be a paranoid alarmist about something you chose to invent in your own imagination, then go right ahead, but TW doesn't need to hear about every little fantasy.

Sn0wm4n said:
Never doubt that the US War on Drugs is really a war on pot smokers. If marijuana were decriminalized, there would still be a Drug War - it would just be much smaller than the $30 billion travesty waged today. In a nation of of almost 300 million people, just over five million Americans used cocaine last year, 1.5 million used methamphetamine and there are less than a million heroin addicts. In comparison, 25 million Americans smoked marijuana last year (five million Americans smoked it yesterday).

Gangrel said:
no.

If you're just going to be a paranoid alarmist about something you chose to invent in your own imagination, then go right ahead, but TW doesn't need to hear about every little fantasy.

You can't bring the facts, you refuse to get them, even though you know some guys who were involved. It seems you are being paranoid about what the facts are, and worried about how alarmed you would be at the results.

You have the full means and opportunity to prove me wrong. But I doubt you have the testicles to do so.

Yeah, insulting my mettle is really what gets things done. Did you know all federal agents have a tracking device implanted in their forehead?

Dood, I will make it easy for you.

Simply say "Hey some crazy paranoid guy was trying to assert that Operation Falcon II actually resulted in mostly arrests for non-violent drug offenders. He was trying to say that the focus of the operation was to arrest drug offenders, but they advertised it as a sex crime operation in order to get more funding to go after the drug offenders. And he further asserts that next year, Operation Falcon III, will also point back to Operation Falcon II, stating how great that sex crime operation went. I want some facts to shut him up, but on the Marshals' Web site, the facts are aligned with what this crazy, paranoid guy is saying. Help a brother out."

"haha, thats fucking retarded"

or, perhaps if i asked the girl, she would say "fucking stupid" since she used to work with retarded people.

What does it matter? Marijuana is illegal as are sex crimes under current law, both are legitimate reasons to be arrested.

Back