When did hitchhiking go out of style?

lonewolf63afo

Veteran X
We all hear stories from back in the day when people would hitchhike across the country or to school every day, but at some point hitchhiking stopped being cool and started involving anal rape. There have always been wierd fuckin people out there, why did they decide all the sudden to start shitting on hitch hiking?

probably because its totally random and makes it easier te get away with.... the anal rape that is, or whatever floats the dude in the cars boat.

Icey said:
Same here. Preferably the galaxy.
L431676.jpg

It stopped being cool and became tied with "danger" in the 1980s.

I even did some hitchiking in the late 80s and the ONLY people who'd pick you up were older ex-military people who had hitchiked in their days. It was really hard even back then.

It's a dead tradition.

i think it was when everyone found out that only gay people hitchike

I think it stopped being cool in the mid 70s, in fact after vietnam war ended i havent picked up a single hitchhiker. cuz before it used to be all about peace and love, but not no more man, not no more.

It's pretty common up in lake tahoe in california. I would see 10 hitch hikers a day looking for a lift to squaw valley, or any of the other mountains.

I wish we lived in a world where you could trust people. Picking up hitchhikers would be pretty cool if you could be assured not getting a knife to the face. You'd get to meet interesting people from all walks of life.

Back