(Ebay) Is this a good deal?

Personally, I don't think so because I don't understand the point of gaming laptops. They can't be upgraded anywhere near as easily and they burn through the battery so quickly that you have to have it plugged in somewhere. Where do you take your laptop that you need to play games and can sit by an outlet? And then is it really worth paying twice the price of the desktop?

I'd rather buy an average laptop for 1/2 the price and then spend the money on a better desktop. :shrug:

Doaln said:
Personally, I don't think so because I don't understand the point of gaming laptops. They can't be upgraded anywhere near as easily and they burn through the battery so quickly that you have to have it plugged in somewhere. Where do you take your laptop that you need to play games and can sit by an outlet? And then is it really worth paying twice the price of the desktop?

I'd rather buy an average laptop for 1/2 the price and then spend the money on a better desktop. :shrug:

well I am satisfied with my desktop ATM but I stay with my grand dad every friday and saturday and cable is limited with no computer I almost go insane!

Alpine said:
well I am satisfied with my desktop ATM but I stay with my grand dad every friday and saturday and cable is limited with no computer I almost go insane!
Buy a Gamecube/xbox/PS2 for ~$100, used games for ~5-30, mem card and you have yourself entertainment to bring with. You'll save $1000 and have yourself a console for those console-exclusive titles.

You could also buy a Nintendo DS and have a portable gaming system. Hell, you could buy all the consoles and a DS and still come in under that laptop.

Or buy the console and an average laptop and be better off.

i never understood why people asked if something on ebay was a good deal, then linked it to the item

just seems like you're looking for more competition to me :shrug:

When I stayed with my great grandpa I used to welcome playing cards and board games with him. He'd own me most of the time.

eggo said:
i never understood why people asked if something on ebay was a good deal, then linked it to the item

not planning on buying right now. I will in the next month just wondering if it was too good to be true

eggo said:

The item is a "Buy it now" - ie no bidding. And there is quanity of more than 1.

Back