Complex/plex missions

Blitzkrieg

Veteran XV
Anyone done them?

As I start to read eve missions forum, I see people discuss them. Apparently, you can get some tech 2 or faction blue print copy from the drops and large scale battles can be part of the mission.

It's similar to the newbie mission that it's a storyline. You also cannot refuse and may need hacking & archaelogy skills to solve it (unless you can find someone with those skills to help you or sell you the item).

Just wondering if any TW has done it, if so, how bad is it as the reward seem to be pretty good and they put a size limit on ships (some plex allow only frig, assault frig, destroyer. some allow cruisers, some allow BS)

http://www.eve-extra.com/wiki/wiki/index.php/The_Complex_Survival_Guide

It's interesting to read it, apparently, support chars are recommended or required. Since TW seem to have mostly PvP pilots with some miner/industrialist, I thought this is potentially a good thing to do together.

Last edited:
Vlasic said:
I got a Succubus PBC from a newb complex once =)

I think he means BPC, but yea Blitz, complexes can be fun to do, when I come back up from empire to grab some AF's we can go run a few if you want before I go back to TWJ

Last edited:
The biggest problem with complexes is that they're open to anyone plus the good ones are in low sec space, so it's very easy to be busy fending off 5 NPC cruisers and suddenly get ganked by some player because you didn't notice them.

That said, yes they have some very nice loot in them.

BPC ya

that was a "before coffee" post

as opposed to this "after coffee" one

and I'm psyched because my car doesn't shimmy and shake anymore. Auto repair is fun!

I guess I just miss those good cooperative days, so when I was reading posts about complex, I thought this might be a fun project for us to do. Us noob can be hauler or something that require less skills to train. I just thought given the fact most if not all of us have had experience in team competition, it could be potentially fun.

If we can gather enough people together, we can just post sentries so to speak :)

I wouldn't mind helping out. I am coming up north. In isinokka right now. Going to join the NFC, new alliance, new start, perfect for me.

EndR said:
I wouldn't mind helping out. I am coming up north. In isinokka right now. Going to join the NFC, new alliance, new start, perfect for me.
Look for us FREE Explorer guys while you're up here =)

Welcome to Deklein!

Blitzkrieg said:
I guess I just miss those good cooperative days, so when I was reading posts about complex, I thought this might be a fun project for us to do. Us noob can be hauler or something that require less skills to train. I just thought given the fact most if not all of us have had experience in team competition, it could be potentially fun.

If we can gather enough people together, we can just post sentries so to speak :)
IIRC, only elite haulers (transport ships) are allowed in complexes, unfortunately.

Lockout said:
IIRC, only elite haulers (transport ships) are allowed in complexes, unfortunately.

Guess I won't be able to do complex missions anytime soon :mecry:

I just found out today that I cannot even train industrial I...so I can't even fly a badger...after I paid for Industrial I skillbook already :mecry:

EndR said:

Hey thats great news! Good luck and welcome to the north :)

Vlasic said:
He joined ASCN instead...

:)

Just because it's empire in 0.0 man. Can't beat that. I need to make ISK right now and work on my char. Not ready to throw myself into pvp just yet.

I once got a Gila BPC drop in a 4/10 complex in Tunandan (sp?). I still have yet to produce the ship actually...

You can usually tank a 4/10 complex in a good BC tank setup. Sometimes your tank wont hold, but you have enough time to take out enough enemies before your tank is broken.

And yeah, you gotta watch out for pirates in low sec complexes. I once got jumped by two pirates right before I had the complex finished. They got to finish it off with next to no risk (and claim the 8th tier overseer, an item worth a couple mil in isk which drops as a reward.) I was late for work too, cause I tried to get the complex done in the morning, right after downtime, before it was already run...

BEAST420 said:
Whoah thats like tranferring from honors classes to the ld trailer.

I think what Einstein here meant was:

"Whoa that’s like transferring from honors classes to the LD trailer."

Teflonatron said:
I once got a Gila BPC drop in a 4/10 complex in Tunandan (sp?). I still have yet to produce the ship actually...

You can usually tank a 4/10 complex in a good BC tank setup. Sometimes your tank wont hold, but you have enough time to take out enough enemies before your tank is broken.

And yeah, you gotta watch out for pirates in low sec complexes. I once got jumped by two pirates right before I had the complex finished. They got to finish it off with next to no risk (and claim the 8th tier overseer, an item worth a couple mil in isk which drops as a reward.) I was late for work too, cause I tried to get the complex done in the morning, right after downtime, before it was already run...

Complexes suck now because of that. I kinda wish they would take out the the good loot drops for awhile, or up the difficulty each time its run, just to get people to stop farming them.

edit: LOL WCS LOL

Back