[HELP] Major League Baseball 2k6

d0ur

Veteran X
Has anyone played this game exstensivly? I'm currently playing it on xbox.

My problem is wild pitches, and controling pitches in general. Why when i tap the selected pitch in the dead center of the strike zone will it throw wildly? Sometimes with top starters who have a ton of control i'll throw 3 WP in a row.. It makes no sense. I havent found an option that adjusts it.

Am i missing something? I think u can adjust catcher position but if im aiming for the center i cant predict a simple curve ball is gonna end up way outside and past the catcher.

Anyone whos played it awhile and can give feedback would be appreciated.

Wild thing... you make my heart scream..

You walk everything..

Sorry I never played and have no idea, have you tried the Xbox forums?

appairently the learning curve on the pitching and fielding in this game is pretty steap, but once most people get used to it they seem to like it. i haven't played it yet tho, planning to rent it. check otu the forums at operationsports.com. they have a few threads about the pitching system.

I was never able to get a copy of Sega's baseball games since WS2K, so I don't know. In other game franchises (such as MLB), many of the top pitchers, especially with breaking pitches, don't place the ball where the cursor goes. On some guys (e.g. Bronson Arroyo and his curve), you pretty much have to place the cursor at the opposite end of the zone because the ball breaks so hard the other way. The amount of break that the ball undergoes decreases as the pitcher's fatigue increases. By the time the pitches are being placed exactly where the cursor is, you'll be lucky to get any strikeouts; breaking balls that don't break just don't work.

Back