I am going to upgrade my comp for eve...

Wish Bear

Veteran XV
need to know if this will be good for eve....

ath 64 3.2g
1 gig ram
gf 6600 256mb

my upgrade is going to cost me about 550 total...for MB, CPU, ram, HD, vid card, and powersupply......no i NEED that vid card....or would the gf2mx i have in my closet suck too much and i need the 6600??? :p cause i got a gf2mx that doesn't like my dual p3 650's MB :( so i'm on a vd3 3k with 1gig ram...and i hear i can't run eve with that from the website :(

so will that new rig i plan on buying be able to run eve well?

I played eve for 6 months on a A64 3000+ with a 6600GT and performance was excellent. The 6600 will be somewhat slower, but it'll run just fine.

my computer is a couple years old and the only problem that I am having is the 512 ram. After running for a couple hours it starts getting very slow. I exit, reboot, and go back in and all is good.

I really need to upgrade to 1 gig.

Just FYI, you might want to consider quit/relogin eve every so often.

When I log into eve, eve takes about 170MB of memory, after a few hours, it can reach 500-600MB of memory, relogin fix this memory leak issue though.

Anyways, I start to investigate what causes eve to lag, memory leak, HDD speed, besides obvious cpu & graphics card issue, all contribute to lag.

I hate dying due to lag :(

Looks like I'll have to upgrade my laptop for the new DX10 GPUs, whether Dell will do it or I'll have to contact a freelance tech company...if Dell won't upgrade their own gaming laptops...bleh.

Back