Ethernet Driver Issues.

SpidershocK

Veteran X
I had to buy a new nic because the one I had before died out.

So I went and bought a Belkin Gigabit network card. I install drivers, windows gives me the usual, "this driver is not certified blah blah blah" popup.

So it installs and loads up I see the little network connection in Control Panel under the network folder and I see the little icon on the system tray.

I shutdown the computer, thinking all is well. When I turn it back on Windows detects new hardware and its my ethernet card, which I already installed.

The only way to get windows to notice the device is installed with the drivers is to boot into safemode (for whatever reason it picks it up in safemode) then restart and go to regular windows mode and its fine.
Edit: Once its recognized I can reboot the computer and go straight to windows without it not seeing that its already been installed. Its only on a cold boot that it does this...

Any ideas why this may be happening? I got the latest drivers off the Belkin site...

Last edited:
NOT fixed :[

Any suggestions?

Is there anyway to manually put the driver in the registry or something similiar?

as an update : if i startup from a cold boot it won't show all I have to do to get it working is restart the computer withOUT haveing to go into safe mode and then the computer recognizes the ethernet card.

Back