[Job] Background Check

cylus

Veteran XX
Right now I am having a background check done by a potential employer. I've never had any arrests, etc. I owe the IRS a little under $800, and $2400 to a hospital for a hand injury two years ago. I've never had a credit card, nor applied for one. The company I have applied for has already said I will be hired, pending whether the background is clean. Do I have any reason for concern?

no background checks are only criminal and they dont show anything, other then "good to hire, or not good to hire" ive gone over this plenty of times with the hiring manager where i work. ive even seen peoples :-

cylus said:
He had mentioned credit check, along with criminal history.
You should still be fine. It's not like you've maxed out 5 credit cards and are 3 months behind on your house payments. You just sound like someone who's not rich.

Edit: Also, listen to the people directly above and below me..... that sounds dirty.

having a credit card helps your credit, dont be scared.

as long as you havent defaulted on anything, you should be ok.

It's a Web design company, that designs Credit Union Web sites. And is a subsidiary of a credit union.

yes you have absolutely every reason to be concerned.. even those dark and deep thoughts you harbour deep, deep in your subconscious are of great concern. the more you think about all these things the more concerned you will become .... more and more concerned... oh dear :~(

background checks just show if youve been convicted of a crime and what it was.
While you shouldnt have a problem, these companies are a fucking sham. Information collection companies are moving offshore to avoid US civil and criminal law, there are many cases where people lose or did not get jobs due to having the wrong information in this third parties database and said person is SOL. but that is a whole nother thread.

r1cko said:
yes you have absolutely every reason to be concerned.. even those dark and deep thoughts you harbour deep, deep in your subconscious are of great concern. the more you think about all these things the more concerned you will become .... more and more concerned... oh dear :~(
would you shut up ya fucking dork.

listen here, matey.. i dont have to listen to your yankee spiel... suck my english nuts, ya redneck swamp dweller

Some companies won't hire people with really bad credit...threat to steal?

Sounds like you aren't in bad shape and should be ok.

juzfugen said:
background checks just show if youve been convicted of a crime and what it was.
While you shouldnt have a problem, these companies are a fucking sham. Information collection companies are moving offshore to avoid US civil and criminal law, there are many cases where people lose or did not get jobs due to having the wrong information in this third parties database and said person is SOL. but that is a whole nother thread.

they dont say what the crime was. gj

Back