60 minutes "homosexuality study report" on Mar. 12, 2006

Blitzkrieg

Veteran XV
It's scary how early you can tell a child is probably going to be a gay/lesbian as early as 2 years old....

Until 60 minutes showed me some of thsoe studies, I did not notice how we can tell gay & straight people fairly easily under some conditions, the differences were so clear, it was scary.

What's interesting is they discovered a rule, for every right handed older brother a boy has, the chance of being gay is multiplied by 2%. So if you have 3 older brothers who are right handed, you have 6% chance of being gay. Sisters did not matter nor left handed older brother mattered. It seems genetics and hormone both played very important roles as they found adult identicle twins, one was gay, the other was not. That proved genetics was not the only factor, hormone, specifically, testosterone, is also very important.

Blitzkrieg said:
What's interesting is they discovered a rule, for every right handed older brother a boy has, the chance of being gay is multiplied by 2%. So if you have 3 older brothers who are right handed, you have 6% chance of being gay. Sisters did not matter nor left handed older brother mattered. It seems genetics and hormone both played very important roles as they found adult identicle twins, one was gay, the other was not. That proved genetics was not the only factor, hormone, specifically, testosterone, is also very important.
Is this a joke?

I laughed at the Colbert Report's take on this info.

Stephen Colbert is supposed to be "233% gay", hahahah.

Liberal lies. Homosexuality is all choice, because it would be silly to discriminate against people over something they have little to no control over.

And we wouldn't want to stop gay bashing, now do we?

eggo said:
I laughed at the Colbert Report's take on this info.

Stephen Colbert is supposed to be "233% gay", hahahah.
:rofl: Oh fuck that's right, he was the youngest of like 10 brothers or some ungodly amount of siblings.

fartiusstinkius said:
Do you choose to be a moron?

This is a serious question. I'd really like to know.
No -- in his case, it's genetic.

He was coneived with a weak sperm. His father was jerking off, and his mom sat on it at the last second.

This topic is very controvercial, but being one received scientific training, I found the studies fascinating. CBS acknowledge criticism, you can read them here
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2006/03/13/publiceye/entry1397301.shtml
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2006/03/14/publiceye/entry1399162.shtml

Of all the news magazine report, 60 minutes, 20/20, nightline, I like 60 minutes the most. Another study released yesteray is now days, we get a lot more volume in news, not as much depth, so it pays for us to get our news from a variety of sources, CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, CNN, Fox. Better yet, if you can read/understand another language, read/watch news from other nations can often give you a different perspective.

mr_luc said:
No -- in his case, it's genetic.

He was coneived with a weak sperm. His father was jerking off, and his mom sat on it at the last second.
Now that's science!

nye.jpg

Back