The UK did some thing odd

ArakAtak said:
That is definitely not an Australian or New Zealand accent. That is an English accent on the ad.

The company is English based (Nottingham) and they won awards for that ad (it was basically online only - not for television)

Beren said:
well that makes sense.

Wait... they are banning it for saying "bloody"? Wow. Now I know originally that term referred to the Sacred Blood of Christ, but since the UK doesn't give a shit about Christianity anymore and the fact that the word has since been watered down, why is there an objection?

Silly bloody pommy bastards :)

They are still playing it on radio and cinema and have a watered down version for TV. IMO it was the marketing agency's plan all along. This gives it "watercooler status" as I heard quoted on the radio this morning.

Someone should tell them the brits don't have water coolers. They only drink tea and eat spotted dick. Ice or cold water is considered a major luxury item over there.

I reckon its a bloody great ad though - makes me want to go there myself (oh hang on I already am, I must be in the other Australia)

Last edited:
Back