Battle for Middle Earth 2

Greywolf

Veteran X
I D/led this game, its pretty fun however evn just playing skirmish it seems as if the elves are very overpowered, wondering if anybody bought the game and have played afew multiplayer games. Are they unstoppable with silverthorn arrows? or can they be countered easily with calvary? How syning with BFME2?

just afew questions before i even think of picking it up

calvary itself is overpowered. it runs over all infantry cept pikemen killing instantly. it is an early rushers wet dream if the enemy doesn't want to spend the extra resources to make pikement and regular about equal

I played Helms Deep with 3 hard CPU opponents. 6 squads of silver arrowed archers help off anything they threw at me. Put them on the upper rampart (near fortress) and they shoot all the way to the end of the ramp. I was very disapointed...I wanted a hard "siege" type game...

killerbelow said:
calvary itself is overpowered. it runs over all infantry cept pikemen killing instantly. it is an early rushers wet dream if the enemy doesn't want to spend the extra resources to make pikement and regular about equal

well what about pikement then? Men faction seem to have awsome pikemen, that seem to be more powerful then normal. Also the dwarfs have Huge HP, and calvary doesnt seem to phase them at all

killerbelow said:

Rohiram make even Pikeman useless by changing them to arrows. Kill Pikemen, then resume running over everything.

Well im looking for the multiplayer aspect of the game, i know starwars is way to repetitive, and i was looking to this gae for maybe more compeition multiplayer wise. How many ppl play online?

there's not much siege to it as all the walls and buildings are made out of paper

i thought silverthorns were overpowered too

game needs a balance patch, i liked it better as a movie/game than EaW

Neat thing though about BFME2, is that if u get the collectors edition, you get more skins, higher rez movies, and even a dragon you can use that normal versions cant, pretty good for an extra 10 bucks

Evil Light Bulb said:
i actually hated that (the primary reason I dl'd it too)

But it can be turned off on multiplayer, also the walls arent pathetic however they do cost a hell of alot, and not really worth building since you could be teched and have a fair sized army for the price of the fortificatiosn they showed in the vids

i dunno, id like to see some opinions of a multiplayer game from BFME2, but ppl from TW are too smart to buy a game before Dling it :( guess im screwed

why cant more stupid ppl join the forums?

Well on the harder campaign levels I just built SHITLOADS of battle towers. When I was defending on the last level I had problably 30 or so towers out by the forest where the enemy came out. No need for walls. They problably should have capped the # of battle towers you could make.

Back