[TW Metalheads] Slayer headlinging US tour June 6th w/ Bodom Mastodon and others.

eggo

Contributor
Veteran X
MTV.com is reporting that SLAYER will be teaming up with LAMB OF GOD, MASTODON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and THINE EYES BLEED for a two-month U.S. tour beginning on June 6. Dubbed the Unholy Alliance Tour, the trek will make stops in most major cities, although the actual routing of the run is still being fleshed out.

"It's been 18 months since we've toured in the States," SLAYER guitarist Kerry King told MTV.com. "People are going to be chomping at the bit to see us again. Our initial thought [with Unholy Alliance] was to go up against Ozzfest, because I think that tour's getting a little bit tired and I think people are tired of going out and getting sunburned for hours every summer. Every place we play is going to be indoors, with a good-sized lineup. We're certainly not going to try to make Ozzfest go away. We're just trying to offer an alternative."

On Tuesday (Feb. 28) SLAYER entered a Los Angeles studio, where they started recording the 11 songs that'll comprise their yet-untitled album. Rick Rubin (SLIPKNOT, SYSTEM OF A DOWN) will executive-produce the disc, while Josh Abraham (VELVET REVOLVER, STAIND) will turn the knobs. One of the songs has an official title ("Cult"), but all of them, King promised, will be devastatingly grim.

"There are definitely things you can't write about in SLAYER, and there are definitely things people expect you to write about," he said. "Everybody expects war, Satanism or anti-religious stuff — and this record's chock-full of that."

Most of the 11 songs SLAYER will record were written more than two years ago, the guitarist said. "We're hoping to do it old-school and record everything in like four weeks," he added. "We're ready. This is probably the most ready we've been since 'Seasons'. We've been spinning our wheels in rehearsals, just waiting for the green light on this thing. Now that we've got it, we're ready to go.

"It's definitely going to be a riff-fest," King continued. "There's riffs all over the place. As much time as we've had to work on it, there better be riffs on it. I think anybody who likes SLAYER, musically, is going to love it."

On Saturday, MTV2's "Headbangers Ball" will feature an exclusive interview with bassist/vocalist Tom Araya regarding the forthcoming album and the Unholy Alliance run.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=49098

:sunny:

YAY

edit: lol @ "headlinging"

This might be pretty cool, considering how I enjoy Slayer, Mastodon, old school Children of Bodom and Lamb of God(to some extent).

But Slayer's new album's probably going to suck...oh well.

Never seen Slayer live, I'd go just to say I did. Although It would probably be worth it for Lamb of God alone. Bodom will probably play 60% classics too.

euph said:
Never seen Slayer live, I'd go just to say I did. Although It would probably be worth it for Lamb of God alone. Bodom will probably play 60% classics too.
Why would bodom play classics when their new record came out a few months ago? That makes 0 sense.

When I saw them in November they played two songs from HB, and nothing from SW.

Well typically when a band releases a new album they play a few songs from it and then the rest are hits. They will always give a crowd what it wants. They are there to promote a new album, not alienate their fanbase. Granted I've never seen CoB live, if you say they did what they did during the tour for this album I'd be pretty f'n dissapointed. But I can almost guarantee Slayer will play %75 hits, and only a couple of new songs. Thats just what will please the fans.

Baby Bew said:
Will Bodom be there?
better believe it

ive seen CoB and Slayer live

although im not looking forward to Children of Bodom playing a lot of shit from their new cd. It sucks. And Slayers last cd wasnt great either. the other bands I can give a shit about.

versioncob.jpg

BUMP!

Get your tickets soon, boys!

slayer is pretty boring live

as a side effect Slayer concerts bring out the biggest redneck hillbilly white trash faggots out of nowhere. its not pleasant

bunch of guys from my work are going. i might go to check out mastodon and cob. could give 2 shits about slayer.

Bodom said:
slayer is pretty boring live

as a side effect Slayer concerts bring out the biggest redneck hillbilly white trash faggots out of nowhere. its not pleasant
yeah well i havn't seen em live before, so i feel like it's one of those things i "need" to do :|

Back