[Old Gaming Browser] Holy shit, Kali is still around...

Eggi

Veteran XX
i was cleaning out old paperwork/filing and came across my old serial # and reg info...and googled kali, that shit is still around. Im impressed.

kali was by far the best gaming browser back in the mid 90s, its what lead me on the slippery slope of internet gaming nerdiness
thanks to kali, rather than being productive the last 10 years, ive played online video games.

so i just dled and installed it...seems like its on par with ASE or better...although i never regged ASE...
If anyone else has a kali key still, dl it and lets chat! ASL???!?!
i think my nick on there is Eggi
www.kali.net

Last edited:
i tried getting back on a few months ago but they dont have my registration info cuz its too old :/

i know my serial number, just not the tnumber and stuff

Blotter said:
i tried getting back on a few months ago but they dont have my registration info cuz its too old :/

i know my serial number, just not the tnumber and stuff

that sucks
ask if theyll give you a new one :p

they have "if we cant find your serial number, sorry, buy a new one" on their site basically. its obvious alot of people have contacted them about old/lost info. pretty shitty they "lost" all the stuff when it was supposed to be a lifetime membership...

its shitty anyway, i was trying to get NetMech to work and i never did, oh well.

the main ones i used to use were gamespy3d, before it became a complete piece of shit, mainly for tribes and q2. before that i was on the zone for jedi knight df2. i also started using all seeing eye for sof2, and nothing since.

Last edited:
I played the hell out of Red Alert on Westwood Online and a little Kali. Then I moved to the Zone playing XvT, Jedi Knight, R6, and Rogue Spear.

I miss having everybosy use built in chat lobbies for gaming, it really added something to the experience. Detatched IRC channels and message boards just don't have the same atmosphere.

I started on SIGS (Sierra Internet Gaming Service) way back for Outpost 2 which was a RTS game from Dynamix. SIGS then transformed into WON.net where I continued to play Outpost 2 for quite sometime. They had weekly "contests" where they would ask a question about the game and the first to answer correctly won a free game. I happened to win Tribes. Tried it, hated it due to the "lag" from a 56k modem.

I continued to play Outpost 2 and slowly changed into Starcraft on Bnet and of course Red Alert on Westwood Online. From there I started to play Rogue Spear on the zone for a long time until I met a friend at High School (Predators Rage) that when I got my cable modem reintroduced me and urged me to play Tribes. I've been hooked ever since.

Now I'm basically playing WoW or BF2 it seems.

Lengthy story I guess because I'm bored.

Descent 1, Descent 2 and War2 were so badass on kali

I got a free membership because I had a macintosh and they were beta testing the mac client and the first 50 people got a free registration. It was sweet.

DMAUL said:
F'kin-A! Descent ][ was my baby...

I wrote missions for it under the name (DE)=-WRaiTH-=

The best of those missions were:
Heatshaker v1.2
Subway '98
Pure Stomp

I always prefered Gigadeth 2 and Ultra-Earthshaker over minerva. Pulling Teeth was a fun level too.

I could dodge those ES's and look like I was just sitting there.

Back