Any web developers want to be a part of something fun?

PeuswahBoy

Veteran XV
Recently I've been itching to create something fun. I have a basic idea of what the site will consist of, but no real solid plans. The site will be an entertainment / random slice of life / community site. I'm looking for those of you who want to have involvement in not only the development process, but in the creative process as well. There is no money to be made, at present...this is strictly a "for fun" endeavor. All contributions to the site will also be credited to the individual who made them, so think of this as a potential online reference, for those of you looking to get into the business.

Let me make this clear: I'm not asking anyone to create the site for me, as I will be very hands on, myself. I'm currently working on the layout, and would like between 2 - 6 others to be involved with this. The reason I'm putting this on TW, and nowhere else, is that I'm looking for developers with a sense of humor...specifically those who share my sense of humor.

So, in closing, if you'd like to be a part of something fun in your spare time, PM me with your IM info, and we'll talk.

Cliffs:
1. I fell off a cliff.
2. Died on impact.
3. I can't believe it's not butter.
4. I just died in your arms tonight.
5. It must've been something you said.

sounds like a waste of time buddy :sunny:

there must be so many better things you could be doing

If we could only count the number of legendary endeavors that have been birthed from post like these...

PeuswahBoy said:
Isn't all entertainment, by definition, a waste of time?

sure thing, but i can think of loads more fun ways to waste my time than developing a website :]

anyway, think about it, aren't there enough websites already? do we REALLY need anymore? :)

coombz said:
sure thing, but i can think of loads more fun ways to waste my time than developing a website :]

anyway, think about it, aren't there enough websites already? do we REALLY need anymore? :)

So I'm guessing I won't be getting a PM from you, then? :sunny:

hahah count yourself lucky

i'm a useless slacker, you're better off without any help from me

although i am a one man comedy sensation :eek:

edit: oh yeah i'm also not a web developer of any kind and have no skills at all in that department, i only clicked on the thread because you had 0 replies and i felt sorry for you :sunny:

coombz said:

More websites are always needed, mostly since that's part of how I make a living. If people stopped paying me to code php I'd make less money and that would be sad.

coombz said:

edit: oh yeah i'm also not a web developer of any kind and have no skills at all in that department, i only clicked on the thread because you had 0 replies and i felt sorry for you :sunny:

:lol: Thanks man.

coombz said:

cooooommmbbbzzzzz :wave:

Misery_Machine said:
So you want to make the Tribal War forum?

:lol: It's funny you should say that...

I'd say TWGD could never be duplicated. There are some similarities, though, in that there will be a broad spectrum of topics and plenty of asshattery/satire.

Back