Capital Ship Movement ?

xi'Vexus

Veteran XX
Just a few n00b questions about capital ship movement now that we are seeing carriers+ around.

I get that they can only be built in <= 0.4 space...
I get that they can't use the traditional stargates.
I get that somebody else has to create the cynosural field for the capital ship to jump to. I've even seen a few around EC from time to time.

What is the limitation here though... obviously since you're not using the stargates, the stargate-specific routes don't apply.

questions...
Are there seperate in-system jump mechanics on capital ships as well?
How far can a capital ship jump?
Can smaller ships use the cynosural field as well?
Can you jump through empire space using cynosural fields?
How long to cynosural fields last?
Do dreadnaughts require cynosural fields to jump?
What else might I not know about this game mechanic?

thx in advance... I'm sure I'm not the only one who has no idea how this system works.

Are there seperate in-system jump mechanics on capital ships as well?

No, they can warp as a normal ship, as long as they aren't in Siege mode. When in Siege mode, which has about a 10 minute cycle I think, they cannot warp at all.

How far can a capital ship jump?

That is dependant on the pilot's skills in Jump Drive skills, as well as the amount of fuel on board to power the Jump Drive module.

Can smaller ships use the cynosural field as well?

No.

Can you jump through empire space using cynosural fields?

No, the destination field cannot be in .05 or greater.

How long to cynosural fields last?

The field is generated from the Cynosaural Field Generator module, and relies on fuel to operate. The field can last as long as the fuel on board.

Do dreadnaughts require cynosural fields to jump?

Yes. They may not exit a system other than via Jump Driving to a Cynosaural Field.

What else might I not know about this game mechanic?

That about covers it.

You can also see a cyno field on your overview. Its a warpable point. You can also see cyno fields on the f10 map.

Makes moving fleets of cap ships a broadcast to EVE.

I've always wanted to see someone try to create a cyno field next to a heavily armed friendly POS while there are hostiles in the system, just to see how many of them foolishly warp to it.

Mmmm, carnage.

Back