ESPN Insider plz.

Welcome to The Show! On Friday, we have a special treat for all you college hoops, Big 12 and Kansas fans - Jayhawks men's basketball coach Bill Self will stop by to chat.

Self is in his third year at Kansas and has moved the team up to 18th in the latest USA Today/ESPN Top 25 poll. The Jayhawks experienced some ups and downs earlier in the season, but have won nine straight.

Self came to Kansas from Illinois, where he led the Illini to a 78-24 record over three seasons. He earned a Big Ten title and three straight NCAA Tournament appearances while in Illinois.

Send Bill your questions now using the form below and join him right here Friday at noon ET for all the answers.

SportsNation Buzzmaster: Coach Self is here!

Craig New York, New York: Bill- What has been the key to the succes of the teams 10 game win streak?

SportsNation Bill Self: I would say the biggest thing is the young guys are growing up. Chalmers, Wright and Rush have really come of age and are playing with a free mind right now.

J, Alamogordo NM: Which Freshman's play has surprised you the most this year?

SportsNation Bill Self: Really none of them. We thought all along it would be easiest for Brandon to impact us early, since he's a year older. But we expected them all to be really good this year.

Adam (Keller, Texas): How likely is Brandon Rush to stay for another year?

SportsNation Bill Self: I don't know. We haven't even talked about it. I know he's having the time of his life. Either way would not surprise me, but his focus is strictly on helping Kansas win.

Sean from Chicago: Great job this year with such a young team coach! How did you you get such young guys to buy in to your defensive philosophy? They are relentless ball hawks!

SportsNation Bill Self: That really hasn't been difficult. Russell Robinson has keyed that. He and Mario have really quick hands. Brandon has become our best one-on-one defender and who would have thought that coming into the season. They get more freedom on offense if they guard hard.

Brad (Kansas City, MO): Your team is playing much better ball as of late yet turnovers seem to come in bunches and continue to be a source of frustration. Are you worried about this weakness as the tournament approaches?

SportsNation Bill Self: Oh absolutely. The TOs don't bother me as much as turnovers caused by nothing. We have more wasted possessions as about any team. Those are most frustrating. We have been fortunate that it hasn't cost us of late.

Mark Donahue, Kansas City, MO: Coach Self, The emergence of Julian Wright as a productive player on both ends seems to have, at least in part, spurred our recent resurgence. What can you tell me about the way he prepares for a game? He seems to have this carefree yet ultimately focused demeanor when he is on the court, a rarity in today's high stakes game. Thanks and good luck on Saturday. Beak 'em!!!

SportsNation Bill Self: That's Julian's personality. He's a happy-go-lucky guy. Sometimes he can get up tight because he wants it so bad. His confidence level is very high right now.

Hemin, Sayreville, NJ: What has helped Russell Robinson elevate his game so high after a very subpar freshman season?

SportsNation Bill Self: I would say maturity and the other thing is he's become so much tougher. He had a chance to bail as a freshman, but his attitude has been fantastic and now that there are other ballhandlers to play with him, he's playing with so much freedom.

Rob Marshall (Tulsa, OK): Bill, every one of your teams (ORU, TU, Illinois, and now KU) by your third year have become teams that are simply a lot of fun to watch play. What are the primary ingredients to your recipe for success?

SportsNation Bill Self: That has been the case in the four stops. That 3rd year has been new blood and youthful enthusiasm. Basketball is a game of pressure and the more speed you have the more you can put on.

Tom Boston, MA: Coach, Just wondering, this late in the season, Do you tone down your practices a bit because the kids could be wearing down? Or Do you continue to go as hard in practice as day one? As a high school coach I'm just looking to get your thoughts, Thanks Coach.

SportsNation Bill Self: We will go as hard as day one, just not as long. A long practice now is an hour and half. The mood has to be the same every day, regardless of how long you go.

SportsNation Bill Self: I have to get running, but thank you so much for the questions everyone.

Back