[Olympics]FIN vs RUS

I honestly have no favorites in this game. I like both teams, and I think it's going to depend on whether Russia or Finland gets to dictate the play. If it's wide open, Russia will win it.

I'd love to see Selanne come home with the gold though.

I want Russia to win to see Ovechkin play in finals and also because being a Montreal Canadian Fan, I have been hating Koivu since he put his CH jersey the first time. I want him to lose.

r1cko said:
we all know that fins are basically baby russians .. same shit different border
That is so true.. I'd love to see the finals between Sweden and Finland though. Gigantic prestige, we love to hate the fins.

If finland can make full use of Ruutu & Nieminen and frustrate the russian superstars, they will have a good chance of winning

I believe that only country that can beat Sweden now is Finland. And Finland vs Sweden would be epic game because of the rivalry between these two. :)

Can Finland beat Russia? I dont know. When this started I did not believe that Finland could get this far.

r1cko said:
we all know that fins are basically baby russians .. same shit different border

As a Finn who is now living in a post-soviet country, I can assure that difference between Finland and any shithole that was once plagued by communism is quite huge.

Ontrose said:
As a Finn who is now living in a post-soviet country, I can assure that difference between Finland and any shithole that was once plagued by communism is quite huge.
the only difference i saw is that finns can't tolerate alcohol. hence the term "baby russians" is actually kinda applicable. :)

greeny said:
the only difference i saw is that finns can't tolerate alcohol. hence the term "baby russians" is actually kinda applicable. :)
What? If there's one country in the world that REALLY knows how to drink, it's the fins.

Runar said:
What? If there's one country in the world that REALLY knows how to drink, it's the fins.
i heard that... but what i saw were drunks in Helsinki at 2pm barely able to walk. and more drunks that you had to jump over during the morning jog were lying in the park. many of them looked like businessmen, too.

greeny said:
i heard that... but what i saw were drunks in Helsinki at 2pm barely able to walk. and more drunks that you had to jump over during the morning jog were lying in the park. many of them looked like businessmen, too.

That just means they had drunk a lot more than anybody else, not that they couldn't handle the same amount of alcohol :lol:

Back