[Olympic spoilers] US grabs some more hardware

Icey

Veteran X
Because people have been fucking complaining, I've left off what happened from the thread title.

Anyways, if you did not see it on MSNBC this morning, the US curling team defeated the defending olympic champs, Great Britain, 8-6 in the bronze medal game. It is the first ever curling medal for the US.

Also, Julia Mancuso came out of nowhere to win the women's giant slalom, giving America eight golds.

Medal breakdown as of now for US: 8 gold, 8 silver, 5 bronze. Second most gold and second most medals of any country in the games. Chad Hedrick will try and add to the haul in a little while as the Men's 10,000m speed skating final is under way.

I've enjoyed watching the olympics too. I come back from class and turn it on, if it's on. I turn it on in the morning when I make and eat breakfest.

I love how since we don't win at hockey, Sasha only gets a silver and Bode gets shit, apparently we suck at this Olympics. Everyone is saying that it has been a "disappointment."

Well I have news for those fuckbags. We have the most medals we've ever had at any Olympics that wasn't 2002. We have the most golds that we've ever had at any Winter Olympiad that wasn't hosted in the US.

And right now we're behind only Germany overall in these games. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

I just hav eno interest in winter olympics

I don't think any of the events should garner the athletes an olympic medal

I don't duobt the skill and athletecism of any of them but these games do not belong on the same pedestal as the ancient greek games

it's a bunch of alpine resort yuppies and gay figure skaters

And hot figure skaters if you watch the ladies. In fact, that's the only reason to watch figure skating. Same with gymnastics in the summer games.

the gymnast girls are not hot

I knew half the womens olympic gymnastic team from the 2002 games because they were from UCLA. My roomate was a gymnast so they would hang out at our place all the time. They were nice and all but not hot. Too tiny and WAY too muscular.

blech

Icey said:
And hot figure skaters if you watch the ladies. In fact, that's the only reason to watch figure skating. Same with gymnastics in the summer games.
The gymnasts are like 14, sicko

Reno said:
The gymnasts are like 14, sicko
:rolleyes:

First off, no one under 15 is even allowed to compete. Second, most of them are around 18-19 these days. That's plenty fine for me.

Icey said:
:rolleyes:

First off, no one under 15 is even allowed to compete. Second, most of them are around 18-19 these days. That's plenty fine for me.
well they still look 14, sicko

hey did you see that broad fall like 7 times in one skate? that shit was great

I don't like most of the winter olympic events.

I liked the snowboard events and I like speed skating but that's about it.

Reno said:

Yeah I did and I busted out laughing. Of course, watching the faggot guys fall hard on the ice in the highlights is funnier. You don't have to endure the gayness of watching a whole men's program, and you get to see these clowns faceplant on the ice.

But I mostly watched because I actually enjoy watching women figure skate. Most of them are beautiful (with the exception of the Russian woman, OUCH!) and they're performances are really spectacular. If I'm gay for watching good looking ladies making themselves look even more appealing by putting on beautiful shows, then shove a cock in my ass.

UPDATE: Chad Hedrick takes silver in the men's 10,000m, giving the US its ninth 2nd place finish in these games and its 22nd medal overall.

Currently the Americans trail Germany by two medals in the total count and one gold in the standard count.

houston said:
i dont know why there isnt more people watching the olympics, ive been watching quite a bit

ppl dont watch it b/c it aires 12 hours after you've already heard the results, so why watch?

I dont watch the Olympics because they are the reason every fucking channel except Sci-Fi has gone to reruns. They took NCIS, Lost, Scrubs, and My Name is Earl, goddamnit!

Canada about to win a gold in men's curling, just got 6(should've had 7, missed the draw with last rock!)

Excel said:
I dont watch the Olympics because they are the reason every fucking channel except Sci-Fi has gone to reruns. They took NCIS, Lost, Scrubs, and My Name is Earl, goddamnit!
Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy aren't reruns

Reno said:

Which skater was it?

Also, the Olympics should let Bode and his buddies over in snowboarding compete stoned. Maximum comedy. Maximum ratings.

Back