If a spark plug is old or bad will it just not spark at all?

PsioniX

Contributor
Veteran X
I have a moped I just got for free

and I cant tell if the problem is the spark plug or if the spark plug is actually not getting a spark

plz help by answering the title

Why don't you just replace the spark plug, and yes bad spark plugs don't spark, thats why they're "bad".

Yank the spark plug, stickk your tounge on it and try to start it. You will know if its sparking or not.

That or just do what WB said. Spark plugs for mopeds cost like 2 fucking dollars.

Put the end of the plug wire next to something metal and see if a spark jumps across.
If yes, probably a bad plug, if not keep looking into the electrical system.

GreyGhost said:
Put the end of the plug wire next to something metal and see if a spark jumps across.
If yes, probably a bad plug, if not keep looking into the electrical system.

its a really simple system and I cant seem to find a problem anywhere in the rest of the electrical system. Although it does not spark even if i stick a screwdriver in the plug and touch the engine block

also how many fucking spark plug carrying stores are open at midnight jeezus

A moped?

That's like a bicycle with a flashlight engine on it.

p.s. If it doesn't spark ... peddle like a maniac.

p.s.s. free is a good price though.

Take off the spark plug wire, put a flathead screwdriver(make sure it's flathead) on the spark plug. Then try to start it. Post results.

bens2021 said:
Take off the spark plug wire, put a flathead screwdriver(make sure it's flathead) on the spark plug. Then try to start it. Post results.

you do realize that wont do anything right

Back