gtalk now embeded into the gmail page!

When is this supposed to go live again? I read about this yesterday, but I am not seeing the live chat integrated into my Gmail windows.

MS-flag.gif

It's being rolled out over the next week. If it's not on your gmail yet, it will be within the next few days.

It needs more functionality. I really want to be able to send files to people through it, like I can with aim, icq, or irc. I could just email them... but, that's email.
Fling :D

Are they planning on a stand-alone client (ala MSN)? Building it into Gmail is cool and all...but I don't want a Gmail window open all the time.

I used Google Talk to phone my wife from the UK all last week. Sounded WAY better than a cell phone if you used headphones, and the latency was comparable.

Is the talk part of Google Talk telephone based, or computer based? When they talk about "calling" and "ringing"...is that just on the PC (using mic and speakers) or on the phone?

I had assumed it was PC based, but the help has stuff about different phone companies.

Goof said:
Is the talk part of Google Talk telephone based, or computer based? When they talk about "calling" and "ringing"...is that just on the PC (using mic and speakers) or on the phone?

I had assumed it was PC based, but the help has stuff about different phone companies.
PC with a mic and speakers, and the quality is pretty goddamned good compared to MSN/AIM/etc

Back