Schroedinger's Emo

Tribalbob

Contributor
Veteran XV
Schroedingers Emo: Your myspace friend disappears from AIM and stops updating his livejournal. There's an exactly 50% chance that he's just not online, or that he's killed himself. therefore the emo exists in both states at once. he will continue to exist in both states til you call his house and tell his parents you're from the internet, and are worried about your friend..

Schroedingers Girlfriend: Every cute girl you see exists both in a state of being single, or taken, until you actually make an observation that commits her to one state or the other. asking her doesn't count, because girls lie.

on top of that, it's a well known fact that a girls status has absolutely nothing to do with whether she'll sleep with you or not anyway.

Schroedingers Chinese Food: That carton of chinese food in your fridge... how long has it been there? has it gone bad? is that from sunday, or december?

Schroedingers Tribalbob: You don't know if he is gay or just begging for attention. Asking him doesn't count because he will simply lie. However, you do know one thing for sure, he is an idiot.

Schroedingers Girlfriend: Every cute girl you see exists both in a state of being single, or taken, until you actually make an observation that commits her to one state or the other. asking her doesn't count, because girls lie.
Hmm I'm going to have to come up with a new and better self-adjoint operator, because whichever one I'm currently using only results in them being taken.

I was hoping Schroedinger's Emo was a typo, and the thread was actually Schroedinger's Elmo.

:who wants to die?:

Back