Another Dawn of War expansion in the works.

PyroTeknik

Contributor
Veteran XV
Press Release

Adds 2 new races, one of them being the Tau (damnit, I hate those fuckers). It's not surprising that we're getting a second expansion, but adding 2 races sounds like it could be a major disaster. The balance was shot to hell with Winter Assault, I wonder what'll happen this time. It would bring the game to a total of 7 playable races - as it stands now with Winter Assault, one of them is utterly useless, two of them are horribly imbalanced and the others suffered from the unnecessary changes to the pace of the game.
Oh well, wait and see. I just hope we get a patch to fix WA before then.

I'm curious as to wether the Tau were redone from scratch or if they somehow acquired the resources from the Tau mod (which was very professionally done).

Heh, wasn't even posted on the DoW forums yet, but now it is thanks to me. :) Can't wait.

Mangle-Me-Elmo said:
which one is useless?

seven races is still pretty fucking cool

Orks, apparently.

And yeah, 7 races will be great.

Anyone want to play DoW atm? I'm game.

But the Tau suck ass. The other race is undoubtedly the Necrons, as they were already partial featured in WA just like IG was in DOW. How bout some Nids?

I agree, Necron would be the obvious second race at this point.... I would be overjoyed if they replaced Tau with 'Nids though. They were the original zerg...

the intro video to that game is the most epic thing i've ever seen

edit: and yes even more epic than t2: battle on an epic scale or whatever the hell that slogan was

tau is the best looking race in the 40k universe imo, and they'll translate great into dow. the other race should be tyranids, but could easily be necrons or dark eldar.

Anything which gives me another way to slaughter Tau is a good thing. Long live this zesty new expansion.

Tau are the homosexual anime race of 40k. While I hate them, it's good that they're in that way we can slaughter them again and again and again.

Necrons would be neat I think. Extremely powerful slow units would probably be the biggest change of pace with all the other races. Tyranids would be awesome too, but they'd probably play like the orks of old (before they got neutered).
Hmmm... What's left besides those two? Dark Eldar are immensely ghey and wouldn't be that much different from regular Eldar and Daemonhunters are pretty much SM + IG rolled into one.

I really hope they contract Blur again to make an intro. Highly unlikely, but a man can dream...

half the shit you fags are talking about must have been introduced after i quit playing. all i remember are spacemarines/wolves, chaos, imperials, space orks, tyranids, and eldar. i was kinda pissed when there were no tyranids in DoW.

Winter Assault fucking sucked.

No sluggas for slugga boys, what the fuck is that?
Only flamers for chaos marines?

Machine said:
Winter Assault fucking sucked.

No sluggas for slugga boys, what the fuck is that?
Only flamers for chaos marines?

Indeed.
I'm pretty pissed at the way WA changed the gameplay. DoW was awesome, WA just made things too "streamlined" and basically removed most of the strategy from the game. It was fun at first, but then people started noticing all the broken things and removed stuff and now every game is the same.
I'm still waiting on that patch (not that I can play, my ram is borked so I can't patch the game anyways) to see if it fixes things. A lot of the bugs and imbalances are utterly retarded things too. I really wonder how some of that stuff got past the QA team.

I'll give them a chance though. Adding a new race is something that hasn't been done before, so there were bound to be problems. Maybe now they can make up for it.

what i dont get is why they made necrons slow, when they moved the same amount (6") as everyone else in tabletop

Back