Metal Gear

Lestat

Veteran XV
I just beat Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, and seriously this is the best game I've ever played. This is the first time I've tried playing a MGS game and from the start it seems to have played like an interactive movie that I played an interactive part in.

Now, I usually have a problem with games that seem like all you do is move from CG to CG and what you do during the game affects the story barely. But once I got thirty minutes into it all I did was crave more of the story/backround that made the characters who they were, and explained their motives.

I don't think I've even seen a movie or read a book that has made me get this engaged into a stoyline as much as this game has.

The main reason I post this is because I'm wondering that if I play the first two games which I have 'aquired'(MGS Twin Snakes, MGS2 Substance.) I think I might be disapponted with the story/gameplay and how it affects how I see MGS3.

So far I know from friends is that the Solid Snake in those games is cloned from Naked Snake and that eventually you destroy him, which kind of disappoints me because he was such an awesome character to get into.

So... I guess I'm wondering if I should even bother with MGS1 & 2 since I started with the third which was so fucking awesome and if I'm going to be disappointed with them.

Definitely play 1 and 2.

Nothing has been "spoiled" really by playing 3 first... you will enjoy the first 2.

Although in 2 you do have to use Raiden...

i bought & finished 1 and 2, but rented 3 and had to return it before i could finish it. replaying 1 on extreme difficulty is fun, but the boss battles are suicide.

you might be thinking of how i've never finished a final fantasy game.

I think you read my mind...
But seriously I don't how MGS3 compares to 1 & 2 but I highly recamend finishing it as everything hits you in the end and makes you realize crazy shit.

... btw I'm drunk so my spelling might suck donkey dicks

be sure to buy the new updated MGS3: Substinence that comes out here in the next month or two. It includes a revamped single player with additional story line elements as well as a DVD with nothing but movies and storyline explaining it from beginning to almost end. It also includes a FULL FLEDGED from the ground up multiplayer expereince that I will be buying a ps2 for.

yeah i've been meaning too, but the whole "i get free rentals any time i want" really takes the pressure off me to actually PLAY anything i ever rent.

I know how it feels to have too many games at your disposal since I got swapmagic and have burned so many fucking games that I don't even know what to start on. I mostly play RPGs and mgs3 seemed to have so much more story than all them and now they same like childrens novels. My attitude towards this game will probably make it seem like 'overrated fanboy shit' but it was just a way above average story for me.

I'll stop ranting now since I know I drank too much and am probably sounding like a dumbass and a nerd.

Yes, MGS 3 is an amazing game, probably my favorite. 1 and 2 are also fucking great, you should definately play them. The only problem you may encounter are the controls, which are much better in three than they are in two or one. Also, a little heads up about Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2, Big Boss (Naked Snake) isn't in either of them. He's in Metal Gear 1 and 2.

3 isn't by any means the best... they're all amazing. I can't imagine anyway in which you could be let down. They all have great stories and the same sense of humor and personality that makes them a notch above everything else. The first is probably still the best. The second is a bit nuts, but still enjoyable... more patriots stuff and whatnot.

The only thing playing the 3rd one first might have spoiled is the gameplay.... having to go back to the none-FPS shooting in the first game might suck.

Hey triple, were there 449 other crotchkickers' registered before the thread starter registered here?

I doubt it since I originally registered here as klye but the registration was fucked, and then I registered as crotchkicker at my hotmail address, then I finally registered as crotchkicker450 since the last one didn't work, and again I was troubled by the unconfirmed email address.

Soon afterwards GD couldn't be viewed unless you were registered for 6 months and I pm'ed Colossus in IRC who said my other 2 accounts were nonexistant but my crotchkicker450(my aim name) was and he then activated it.

I would much rather klye as my user name but I doubt that will ever get changed.

Back