Filibuster? *sigh*

This is great news. The democrats will show their true colors and the ones who go along with the fillbuster will be remembered in the 06 elections, not to mention 08.

And filibustering is what now? Wikipedia has it but I doubt that's talking about the same thing... (extremely long speeches or some junk to stall out passing bills)

True colors? Please. At some point a democrat needs to grow some fucking balls and fucking do something, this is a good start.

Have any of you actually looked over Alito's record? Its insane. Forget being right wing, the guy is not fit to serve on the court.

Kowboy said:
And filibustering is what now? Wikipedia has it but I doubt that's talking about the same thing... (extremely long speeches or some junk to stall out passing bills)

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Except in this case to block a nomination.

And btw, if you can't get enough votes to overturn a filibuster (just 60 IIRC) then the person should not be getting appointed anyway. Supreme court is too important a decision to get a fucking rubber stamp.

And as for changing the rules of the senete if it doesnt suit you, I used to do that in gradeschool. If I was losing, change the rules so I'd win. I thought we outgrew that.

Mr.Beverage said:
jesus Kerry is such a faggot
Kerry_Jesus_thorns.jpg

when it comes to a supreme court justice then it should be heavily scrutinized

these guys are appointed for LIFE and CAN NOT BE REMOVED ever

The two pictures Kerry where he's hiking the football and blue suit coming out of the space shuttle crack me up.

I want Frist to finally grow a pair and stand up to this BS. Ted Kennedy is such a douche bag. He has nothing good to say.

Last edited:
NoGodForMe said:
This is great news. The democrats will show their true colors and the ones who go along with the fillbuster will be remembered in the 06 elections, not to mention 08.
You're an idiot. If the democrats stood by quietly, they'd be remembered for bending it over and taking in the ass when the elections roll around. That's part of the reason they lost in '04... taking it in the ass from Bush for 4 years and only turning on him when it was time for an election.

Most Americans recognize the rampant corruption in congress. But if the only other option in an election is a bunch of spineless cowards, they aren't going to have much motivation to vote.

I still can't believe people like you embrace the culture of corruption in congress. You just can't get enough of it. It's like you want congress to be full of the biggest dickless sleezebags that can be there and still win elections.

It's time to stir things up.

Back