Book reading

Gasper

Veteran XX
My biggest problem when I try to sit down and read is I just can't seem to get comfortable. One it might be what I sit in when I read, but another thing is fumbling with pages and such. How do you guys go about reading a novel of your choice, or even just a college text book. Do you read e-books at all or even prefer them now over paper books?

Just another question, they don't have college text books in e-books do they?

I lay down or something, and just start reading. I dont have much of a preference between ebooks or real books, but if you factor in price/storage space, ill take ebooks anyday. I have several hundred ebooks, and i sure wouldnt spend money buying all of em, or a dozen bookcases for em.

i find reading best when i'm tired. it keeps my mind from jumpng around and i tend to get comfortable easier. also, music helps.

I usually read novels lying down on my stomach or on my side. I guess if you have trouble flipping pages wet the tips of your fingers with your tongue and then do it. If it's a textbook I just usually huddle over a desk or table and read. If I have to read in a chair I usually prefer some kind of footrest to prop my feet up.

edit. I can't read ebooks. I just don't like them.

Last edited:
Oh and with ebooks what medium do you like to read them with? Like laptop, your desktop, PDA, etc..

CommanderKeen said:
Oh and with ebooks what medium do you like to read them with? Like laptop, your desktop, PDA, etc..
desktop since its all i got at the moment, otherwise:
PDA>Laptop>Desktop

if i'm on the pc, why would i waste time reading a book.

that's why i don't do e-books. if i could put ebooks on my phone that might be different... hrm. i'm going to go look into that.

edit: oh, i lie on my stomach and rest on a pillow to prop myself up to read.

Last edited:
i change positions about every 5 minutes when i read.. keeps me from nodding off, keeps me comfortable, and keeps my legs from falling asleep :p

I've been reading on the half hour bus ride to and from work every day. It passes the time quickly, and I actually get reading done.

Back