I hate ebay. - TW Legal people, please read.

RebelToRumble

Veteran X
A few months ago i bought something off ebay.

I recieved it and it was not what i requested, i paid 250$ to get it to my house...now i'm basically out of 250$ because the seller refuses to talk to me.

I paid by money order in such a way that i am still covered by the ebay claim department...

So i file the claim, and i eventually win...

Under the ebay info, i get 200$ MINUS a 25$ processing fee, so 175 will be awarded.

My claim person tells me within 45 days i will recieve it by paypal...ok no problem....

45 days pass, i have not recieved my 175$.

I contact the buy, a few days later he tells me:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I do apologize as it does appear that your payment has not been issued
yet.

We are contacting our accounts payable offices to inquire about this but
I have not yet received a response from them.

I would expect however that they will issue your payment within the next
5 to 7 days.

I sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may be
causing.

GOD...

I write him back and tell him i'd like to get the 25$ processing fee given to me because they have taken their time in filing this claim....i mean...if it's late this after the 45 days...then i should get it, right? wrong.

Ok so TODAY is the 7th day, i just got an email from my claims guy saying this:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I do apologize as it does appear that your payment has not been issued
yet.

We are contacting our accounts payable offices to inquire about this but
I have not yet received a response from them.

I would expect however that they will issue your payment within the next
5 to 7 days.

Under this program you may be reimbursed up to a maximum of $200 (less
$25 to cover processing costs). For more information you may view our
eBay Standard Purchase Protection Program - Coverage & Eligibility help
page at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/esppp-coverage-eligibility.html

I sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may be
causing.

Then i write this:

Hey, I guess you don't understand...

200$ is what i will be receiving. the 25$ processing fee will be awarded to me because eBay has YET to issue me my claim. There was/is obviously no processing done because eBay has YET to issue the promised amount.

This is something else, I have never had such a bad experience with anyone, this is taking the cake. You told me within 45 days i would receive 175$. Then, you tell me 5-7 days after that i would receive it, now you tell me AGAIN that i have to wait another 5-7 days? How irresponsible is this? It's taking you this long to contact another department in your own company? You will need to contact them very, very quickly. I will be considering legal action if you can't handle a simple claim such as this.

How hard is it for you to contact a department in your own company? You need to take care of this matter as soon as possible, make this happen.

By now, another 5-7 days is really..really pissing me off....i really hate eBay.

Was my email written wrong for the situation? I mean...im really pissed..

I know i wont get it inthe next 5-7 days...i know it....this is pathetic.

I hate ebay.

What actions can i take if he keeps giving me the run-around "just wait 5-7 more days"...

Thanks for any help.

PS: People who say i should have sent payment through paypal....i just recently had a problem with something paid through paypal, and i didn't win because the seller said i was scamming him, when i wasn't...so paypal dropped the claim...so basically, i hate the internets.

Who you think has more money. You or ebay? Who you think's gonna win in court?

Solution? STFU, STFD, and wait. Think of it as waiting 6 months for a best buy rebate. TYPICAL.

Maybe they want to automatically deduct the 200 from the guy that "scammed you" but he has no money on his paypal bank account for ebay to dedcut from, so hence, they can't pay you. ebay's not going to put the money out of their pocket, while they go after the other guy.

How many similar claims do you think there are? There's probably a huge paper trail that goes along with each of these cases so just wait for it in the mail.

My friend got scammed out of $1500 for a vaio laptop. He complained with ebay and won. He made a police report and it turns out the lady selling the labtop has a history of similar scams. My friend is in texas, the lady is in new york. He has the phone number for half a dozen nypd officials, managers, district attorneys, you name it. It's been a year and they tell him "they're on it" but he will never see that money again and has no further legal course of action to take.

You are indeed the idiot. You clearly bought something from a dubious seller, through a service that is well known for ignoring people when things go south, and are now surprised when it all goes horribly wrong.

Anything that large you should have used a credit card through paypal, or at least gotten more detailed contact information on the seller before sending out money. You have no one to blame but yourself.

I don't know why people continue to use ebay. It's like having registered sex offenders babysit your kids.

KellyMonaco said:
You are indeed the idiot. You clearly bought something from a dubious seller, through a service that is well known for ignoring people when things go south, and are now surprised when it all goes horribly wrong.

Anything that large you should have used a credit card through paypal, or at least gotten more detailed contact information on the seller before sending out money. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Sure, because you know exactly what i did and didn't do in the situation!

The seller had positive feedback, after i sent payment and he said he recieved it about 2 days later 2 negative feedbacks came on his acount...all i could do by then was wait...he had already cashed the MO..

I paid for 25$ (shipping) of it through bidpay, so that i COULD have his CC# on file...

When i went to biday to request his information, they said they didn't keep that information on file once transactions were done.

I guess i'm just a stupid nigger....im an idiot for not knowing ebay sucked with customer relations.

I bought a used turbo that needed service to make it work again....it was a hybrid t4/t3 that wasn't physically damaged. When i got it, he sent me a shitty t3 from a volvo in the 1980's.

This is a winless battle, im just going to say wsup and go make some pork chops.:heart:

The people calling your actions stupid are really just bitches that like to complain. Your response to Ebay is completely warranted, though it will honestly not make a difference. You should file a complait with the BBB regardless of how quickly from now they get it done. Hopefully you can avoid this shit in the future. Good luck to you.

edit: Okay paying by money order was a mistake, but at least you can learn from that in the future.

Boomer_941 said:
you paid by money order? :lol: theres your mistake
I'm pretty sure he knows what his mistake is, try reading the thread, he's asking what he can do now about his situation with ebay, not the seller.

i filed a complaint against verizon on the BBB on thursday

depending on how that turns out, i may file a complaint with our attorney general

Back