Mark your prof as a left wing liberal, make $100

I find it to be quite hilarious - I plan to flame the holy shit out of my feminist American Lit professor... this will be a good semester.

i think that is awesome

you make 100bucks for calling out a professor

his/her name will be listed on a website (that is only getting hits b/c of CNN) and no other reprocussions will occur.

what is the big deal?

There is a vast left wing conspiracy to keep conservative profs off college campuses.

That must be it.

A weak parry

"UCLA officials said they will warn the association that selling copies of professors' lectures would violate campus rules and raise copyright issues."

What is the problem? If the students report what a professor is really saying in class..... what harm is there? If the professor cannot back up what they are saying in the light of day, you have to wonder why they are saying it? (of course this has the strong chance of spinning out of control) :)

What?

The sharing of knowledge with others is encouraging left-wing behavior?

Never!

If you want a lecture from a right-wing professor, buy a ticket to a seminar by Tony Robbins.

VonTed said:
(of course this has the strong chance of spinning out of control) :)

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I agree that it's not the biggest deal right now, but it is a step in an ugly direction. What are they even compiling the list for??

Also - I'm sure it will be a nice and accurate list. Surely nobody would lie just for money!

I would be ok with this if they had included professors who are extreme right wing republican to "keep this on the professional side"..

I think the alumni are aware that there are a few more liberals teaching in higher education than there are conservatives.

So liberals are angry because there might be an actual record of what they're saying? Brilliant.

Since we're all making absurd comments about politics, I'll throw this one in. All the right wing christian nutjobs are too fucking stupid to be Professors. :shrug:

I saw this on CNN yesterday and it's fucking retarded. Who gives a fuck if teachers are liberal? Can't people think for themselves anymore? Fucking STUPID.

VonTed said:
What is the problem? If the students report what a professor is really saying in class..... what harm is there? If the professor cannot back up what they are saying in the light of day, you have to wonder why they are saying it? (of course this has the strong chance of spinning out of control) :)

Simply because they are not also reporting on the Middle and the Right. It's a blatant, outright witch-hunt.

Andrew Jones, a 2003 UCLA graduate and former chairman of the student Bruin Republicans.

I met him....the Bruin Republicans were an annoying as fuck group who only ever did anything to try and "piss off all the liberals on campus"

what they didn't realize was that most people didn't give a shit about anyone's cause one way or the other, they just wanted to get to fucking class and then go have a drink or get laid.

I miss UCLA :sunny:

I'm trying to find a link to their site to find out if any of my old professors are on there

nSpectre said:
Simply because they are not also reporting on the Middle and the Right. It's a blatant, outright witch-hunt.
Everyone whining about this has every right to form a group and do the same thing to the "wacko middle and right" professors.

VonTed said:
A weak parry

"UCLA officials said they will warn the association that selling copies of professors' lectures would violate campus rules and raise copyright issues."

The UCLA rules say you can't sell copies of lectures. The lectures are also copyright, so selling the lectures in part or whole would be copyright infringement. The group that is offering the money is asking for something that breaks campus rules and is against copyright law. What is there not to get?

Reno said:
So liberals are angry because there might be an actual record of what they're saying? Brilliant.

I don't think this is so much a record of statements, as a feeble attempt at character defamation.

By the time you hit college, you should be old enough to realize that your teachers have opinions and agendas of there own, and to think critically about issues on your own terms. If you think a prof. spends too much time expounding upon political views you disagree with then fine, don't take the class. Or better yet, do take the class, and try to wrap your head around where the other viewpoint is coming from.

This website is a useless pile of shit in that its only purpose is to ridicule a certain subset of political beliefs.

......now how to I get these fuckers to give me $100? :sunny:

Back