Get Windows Live Mail! for free - no invite needed

LouCypher

Veteran X
I'm reposting this from I-Hacked:
This was recently posted on Neowin but then was deleted. Any way, the thing is here: You can get a Windows Live Mail! account for free. It’s a small exploit that was discovered by someone (Post a comment If you discovered it, with proof), and It really works. (I tested it myself).

Alright, let’s start!

1) Open up Internet Explorer. MSN likes Internet Explorer, and hates Firefox. (Damn Microsoft!)
2) For this to work, you must be signed out of MSN. Go to the MSN Homepage, and double check you are signed out.
3) Copy this URL to Internet Explorer: Right Click On Here -> Copy
4) You should be redirected to another URL (Another URL to login). Sign in.
5) You should see the regular hotmail once signed in.
6) Once you see the regular hotmail, do Step #3 again. Copy the same URL above.
7) Click ‘Particpate’ on the bottom (Scroll down!) and walla!
It's definately OFN but I didn't see a thread here (searched for "Live").

The interface is different, some of you may like it over traditional Hotmail. Another thing is the increase to 2GB for mailbox space. You can turn the Reading Pane off in options if you don't like it. It's a Passport site so make sure you aren't blocking cookies for live.com if you decide to use it. If you don't like it, you can go back to Options to opt out and return to normal Hotmail.

I did these steps several days ago and it worked. If it doesn't work anymore let me know.

ok, got the "join mail beta" button, clicked it, took me back to hotmail. it looks the same as far as i can tell.

the interface is a lot like the web interface for Outlook.

it doesn't really work well at all in Firefox though....to get the most out of it, you need to use IE, which sucks. I've been using it for about a month or two.

Seriously, what is this?

Is it just a 2 GB email account with Passport? It would be neat to have MSN Messenger tied with a 2 GB email account. Registering Gmail through Messenger doesn't give me the regular functionalities.

If anyone wants Gmail (which is infinitely better than this shit) I have like a million invites... I don't know if its still invitation only but whatever just ask.

after gmail revolutionized internet mail every other big corporation has to fucking catch up. i got a 2gig email from AIM.com and a 2gig from MSN too. bunch of fucking failures. GMAIL wins.

I have no clue what the whole live thing is but i use my hotmail for MSN and instant e-mail notification and I <3 gmail

Back