What would you recommend?

Sean

Veteran X
Downloading the game now... what race would you recommend going? I read the noob guide that was posted, but what are a lot of you here? Are you happy with your selection? Does it matter all that much?

Also, would it be cool to hook up with ya all?

--Sean

I went caldari, but almost regret it because its overplayed. However if you don't like your choice you can always train for other races ships.

I chose Minmatar and I definitely would have had an easier time getting started if I'd picked say Caldari ships and weapons to train. You'll quickly be able to get into a very effective battleship/missile combo for npc'ing with that race and I guess the same goes for Gallente and maybe Amarr.

I stuck with Minnie ships though and you really need to train a lot of different skills to get good performance out of them. Only now (some 4 months later) are my skills getting to the point where I'm becoming a good npc'er and useful in fleet engagements.

You may find this thread on the Eve forums enlightening...

I picked Galentte, because originally I liked the idea of drone-centric ships. I've diversified myself a little, but in the end it doesn't really matter. You can make up for people not liking you with social skills, and anybody can pilot anything anyways.

My first char is Gallente, but i fucked up the stats when I made it so he's a horrible pilot. I'm going to end up making him an industrialist.

My 2nd char is amarr, and will be strictly PvP. My goal with this char is to start out being able to fly tech 1 and tech 2 frigates. Battleships are the farthest thing on my mind for this char right now. She almost has a million skillpoints in just learning, and I will take advanced learning for all stats but char to lvl 4.

I am minmatar and i like it. It gave me great starting attributes, 11 willpower and perception, so it doesn't take long to train ships or weapons .

Im minmatar, and i dont mind it. They seems to have good benifits( cool llooking ships isnt one of them) and although u have to train more skills for them, in the end it pays off

Another thing is that most minitar ships are good for PVPing and or NPCing, they arent a great mining race if thats the way u want to go. Decide how u want to fight and that well help you somewhat on which race to go for

I don't know what would make Minmatar a poor choice for mining. The have a mining cruiser (Scythe) that gets the same bonus as the Osprey (and can load the same number of Miner II's). Granted, I've never seen anyone mining in a Tempest, but if you're that serious about mining, train up for an Apocalypse or a Mining Barge.

Edit: My character is Amarr, which I chose because it had the lowest possible Charisma. The bad part was that I started with a 7 base Perception. I also wanted to fly Amarr ships, because the weapons don't require any ammo (lasers)(bew bew). Lucky for me, I also think they look the best. You really can fly whatever race's ships whenever you want, though, as I also fly Minmatar, Caldari, and ORE barge.

Last edited:
FissioN said:
I don't know what would make Minmatar a poor choice for mining. The have a mining cruiser (Scythe) that gets the same bonus as the Osprey (and can load the same number of Miner II's). Granted, I've never seen anyone mining in a Tempest, but if you're that serious about mining, train up for an Apocalypse or a Mining Barge.

Edit: My character is Amarr, which I chose because it had the lowest possible Charisma. The bad part was that I started with a 7 base Perception. I also wanted to fly Amarr ships, because the weapons don't require any ammo (lasers)(bew bew). Lucky for me, I also think they look the best. You really can fly whatever race's ships whenever you want, though, as I also fly Minmatar, Caldari, and ORE barge.

well look at the domi, its a great mining BS, huge amount of drones and can hold alot of miners on it, thats just an example.

Back