xbox 360 FINAL FANTASY XI Beta Sign up

Falhawk said:
it won't make the game (aka super grind) any more fun.

i personally havent played any of the Final fantasy games since FF7 i think it was

but i never pass on the chance for a free game to test the waters with

Travace said:
i personally havent played any of the Final fantasy games since FF7 i think it was

but i never pass on the chance for a free game to test the waters with

sure, just don't expect it to be anything like 7.

at all.

its fun for a few hours though

I played it for a couple months and then stopped because of the grind. There's some cool stuff, but it takes too long to do anything. Sitting on a boat for 20 minutes just to travel from one place to another is not my idea of fun.

shouldn't the xbox360 being trying to, i don't know...

innovate?

not release games that have been out on previous-generation consoles for over a year.

xbox 360 ver is supposed to have improvments specific to the 360 hardware itself, but thats rumors. It will however have a graphical update that I think the PC users can dl too. My server is in my sig send me a PM here or if possible msg in POL if they stick you on Gilgamesh.

Cuthbert said:
shouldn't the xbox360 being trying to, i don't know...

innovate?

not release games that have been out on previous-generation consoles for over a year.

You say that as if it's up to MS what games come out for their system.

As for FFXI, it's shit. Japs dont know how to make MMOs and I dout they will figure it out in the next decade. FFXI beta is already all full swing in Japan and it's no different than the PS2 ver.

Reggs said:
You say that as if it's up to MS what games come out for their system.

Um, it is. They can veto any game they choose. This is not one i would pick as practically a launch title.

Well, okay :shrug: I just think they should focus on some new, innovative titles. But i'm sure this game will still sell...

8:00 PM, log on. Wait 4 mins to get through PlayOnline Bullshit pages.
8:05 start playing.

Start looking for party. Spend 50 mins looking for party.
8:55 Find one. 10 Mins later White mage leaves, repeat Process, look for new party. God I hated that.

willisan said:

8:55 Find one. 10 Mins later White mage leaves, repeat Process, look for new party. God I hated that.

so you have played this on the 360 already ?

or you talking about some other platform?

PC. (though the same exact thing for the ps2 game play wise.)

I will still register for the Beta...I just wont shell out the 13 bucks a month they want. This game is a true MMO time sink. Until I snapped out of it, there was about 4 weeks where I would Work, play, sleep work. Not good at all.

Screw you dirty Bastokian Humes!

The registration codes that will be issued are for the European (North American) beta test only. They cannot be used for North American (European) service.

WTF?

i'm sure the game will suck but i applied for a code anyway

Cuthbert said:
Well, okay :shrug: I just think they should focus on some new, innovative titles. But i'm sure this game will still sell...

What elce would matter?

You make it sound as if they "veto" FFXI it will be a smart move and it will focus on innovative titles. First of all they have never said they were comitted to innovative titles and the only way they can effect the games that do come out is to buy exclusive deals with developers or make the games in house, wich is a very way to do things.

willisan said:

My gripe was playing with Japs. That has to be the worst idea in MMO history.
I never simply went up and talked to someone, I would go them and just say "English?" wait a few mins for them to dick around with the in game translator then "no" and run off. Add that there was no soloing and 13$ a month when you practicly dont ever get any new content for the game makes FFXI turn out to be proof that a non american made MMO is not worth playing.

Back