Running=back pain

Navarone

Veteran X
Anyone know why when I run, my back hurts for days? I'm guessing I have bad form, but I played football for years and I never had any problems then. On tracks, paths, and the treadmill, I end up with the same results: sore lowerback.

I got most of the sand out of my vagina, but it's still sore. Anyone experienced this?

Try working out your core muscles at the gym with very light weight for a few weeks.

Also try the eliptical machine. That thing will work you twice as hard as a treadmill.

I have the same problem. You probably have some weak lower back muscles. Doing back streches with help a bunch as well as working out with low weights

it has a tonne to do with technique. I had the same issues and took a running clinic and it was solved almost immediately.

Navarone said:
Anyone know why when I run, my back hurts for days? I'm guessing I have bad form, but I played football for years and I never had any problems then. On tracks, paths, and the treadmill, I end up with the same results: sore lowerback.

I got most of the sand out of my vagina, but it's still sore. Anyone experienced this?
maybe its your shoes. could be giving hard impact.

knees/hips hurting?

It could be your shoes. Seriously. If there is a serious running shoe store in your town, go in for a free consultation about what your gait needs in a shoe and what shoes are right for you and buy a pair.

I have a regular pair of nikes, and those one's with the super shoxxxxxxx things.

Both seem to do it. It's only my back that hurts, although I do have a pretty weak midsection, I guess I'll start working there.

I was going to chalk it up to being a giant pussy, but I'm glad that someone knows what I'm talking about.

Inbred, what did they teach you at that clinic?

Navarone said:
I have a regular pair of nikes, and those one's with the super shoxxxxxxx things.

If you are going to run seriously, you need dedicated running shoes, designed and built for YOUR running style.

I have a torn disc in my back one of the things that bothers it is running, so i dont run. I cant lift anymore either and that is killing me.

The thing is, I fucking hate running, but I know I need to do cardio, and it seems to be the fastest way to get that shit done with.

If your back hurts when you run...I wouldn't run for some time. Do plenty of stretching excercises for a few weeks-months. Then try again if you really want to...but your back shouldn't be hurting from running.

Might as well ask since the topic is about running. I used to run a lot but now when I run after about 20-30 minutes my knee will have a burning pain, anyone know what the problem could be?

probably cartilege.

running sucks for you overall, especially if you're a bigger guy. thats a lot of weight to keep pounding on your ankles/knees/hips/back with

Navarone said:

Both seem to do it. It's only my back that hurts, although I do have a pretty weak midsection, I guess I'll start working there.

I was going to chalk it up to being a giant pussy, but I'm glad that someone knows what I'm talking about.

Inbred, what did they teach you at that clinic?

I am telling you man its because your lower back muscles are weak. I never had back pain until I gained about 15 - 20 lbs and then tried to run. My belly got bigger and put strain on my back when I ran. Doing back streches and light weights will do a ton of good.

I took a shot to my left knee sparring and I need to look at non-running ways of cutting fat.

Can anyone reccomend a good "exerbike"-like item that is both affordable, not too large/heavy, and could provide a challenging exercise for a 6'4" 210 gent?

Edit: not that I'm fat. But I'm 210 and should be 195, so evidently I've got about 15 pounds distributed over this massive frame that I need to cull.

I have had some problems with this sort of thing. In my case it was because of the fact that I was drinking soda. Soda (or beer, or anything with carbonation) can kill your ability to do cardio, and drinking one soda can cause this effect for while, like a month. After not drinking soda or beer or anything with carbonation for about a year, I don't have problems with back pains.
Also, it is true that running is a very high impact form of exercise. I would suggest looking into swimming, as this can be even more effective than running, while having no impact on your body. Swimming in my experience is by far the most intensive form of cardio, and it won't destroy your knees and feet. My 2 cents.

Back